Wind gust decimal values in Average / Extremes

Wind gust values in logfiles have one decimal number in knots but in Averages / Extremes are rounded to the integer number so for example I have 70.8 km/h (38.3 knots) in logfiles and max gust of the day, and in averages/extremes I have 70.3 km/h (38 knots rounded value) so rounded values are 71 km/h and 70 km/h being the first value the right one making an inconsistency.

Could it be fixed so in averages / extremes (datafiles) ?

Thanks

the problem is the data files, which the av/ext are based on, only has the max gust stored to 1 decimal value
most windspeed meters are not accurate to more than 1 knot anyway though

Max gust value is stored in data files with no decimal, I think so:

38 (knots) is the value (integer) stored in datafiles and 70.3 is the value in km/h that av/ext shows

It’s too difficult that value would be stored with 1 decimal so it could be more accurate ?? It would be a great help to fix that because in meteoclimatic net there’s sometimes inconsistencies relative to this between anual and monthly value

Thanks again

it makes the data files incompatible if that change is made
its possible I have a separate data file just store that data with a decimal place
but that would mean that data only available moving forward from then
unless i converted all the logfiles found to that data file

No problem to convert logfiles to datafiles for me. I’ll do it just for this month onwards.

I think the better solution would be to make an option in av/ext menu for chosing that datafiles creation / reading (NOT as default option) and if anyone wants to use datafiles with one decimal place tick that option. If it’s possible to do so I (and others I suppose) would really appreciate it

Thanks

I would make the conversion automatic on start up (one time thing)
if I was to do it, it would not be an option, it would become default

And what about a flag in the new datafiles to distinguish the old and new ones ? It just would be converted the actual month datafile at startup. I think this could make the process automatically

I think it would be too risky convert all logfiles to datafiles (malformed, missing etc)

it would not replace the data file
it would be a new small data file just for windspeed/gust speed with a decimal place
that is all

Ok