cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: How hard is to setup and use weather34 template?  (Read 2650 times)

Offline niko

• syzygy
  • Global Moderator
  • Crystal Ball broken! Please post the URL.
  • Northern California, U.S.A.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
Re: How hard is to setup and use weather34 template?
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2019, 10:21:06 PM »
No. It's beause the image is shrunk down very small on a big canvas (the white area), I'm not familiar with using paint so I don't know how that occurs :dontknow:

Online Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
    • Weather Display
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2019, 10:36:17 PM »
not sure why you are trying to use WD's mysql program?
it wont be able to update the weather34 mysql data if that is what you are trying to do...its not intended or needed to do that

Offline jzinckgra

• Maine, U.S.A
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Firefox 60.0
    • Personal weather site
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2019, 12:16:21 AM »
not sure why you are trying to use WD's mysql program?
it wont be able to update the weather34 mysql data if that is what you are trying to do...its not intended or needed to do that
Brian,
In easyweathersetup, under historical data: "Which script will load the weather-data to your databse?" Do you know if I select "stationcron job will do database load" or "Wdapi script will do database load"   

Online Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
    • Weather Display
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2019, 12:48:49 AM »
hopefully wim can answer that
you certainly do not try and use the WD mysql program
the mysql table will not be compatible at all

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der Kuil
  • Leuven Belgium CET
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.13.6
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2019, 07:46:11 AM »
Brian,
In easyweathersetup, under historical data: "Which script will load the weather-data to your databse?" Do you know if I select "stationcron job will do database load" or "Wdapi script will do database load"
To load your data to the sql-table on your server you use a script which runs 24/7 at a fixed interval, say every 5 or 10 minutes.
You can choose either of the two:
If you  use WDapi you can use that one. A small drawback: if you are uploading very fast, f.i. every 5 seconds, the table will grow rapidly.

If you use the 10 minute station-cron you can use that one. That is the valid choice for clientraw upload also.

Just before midnicht the second cron will calculate the high-lows of today and store a line with those totals in the Yearly and Monthly .CSV files.
To clean the daily sql-table the third cron job will delete all rows from the sql table just after midnight.

To use all, this the PC with WeatherDisplay should run 24/7 and not be restarted during 11:45 PM and 00:15 AM as some users tend to do.

Wim

Offline jzinckgra

• Maine, U.S.A
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Firefox 64.0
    • Personal weather site
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2019, 01:06:58 PM »
To load your data to the sql-table on your server you use a script which runs 24/7 at a fixed interval, say every 5 or 10 minutes.
You can choose either of the two:
If you  use WDapi you can use that one. A small drawback: if you are uploading very fast, f.i. every 5 seconds, the table will grow rapidly.

If you use the 10 minute station-cron you can use that one. That is the valid choice for clientraw upload also.

Just before midnicht the second cron will calculate the high-lows of today and store a line with those totals in the Yearly and Monthly .CSV files.
To clean the daily sql-table the third cron job will delete all rows from the sql table just after midnight.

To use all, this the PC with WeatherDisplay should run 24/7 and not be restarted during 11:45 PM and 00:15 AM as some users tend to do.

Wim

I thought I had this figured out:), on my popup temp block, my timestamp for most recent temp is incorrect. The X-axis reports the wrong time.
http://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/index.php
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:22:32 PM by jzinckgra »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der Kuil
  • Leuven Belgium CET
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.13.6
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2019, 01:21:58 PM »
I thought I had this figured out:), but my pop up graphs are not being updated. If I run the following script I get this: https://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/w34_cron_stationcron.php

Google is your friend. Search for
Code: [Select]
Connect failed: Access denied for user 'Jzinckgr_weatherstation'@'162.144.12.159' (using password: YES)Some answers point to the privileges again:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47667204/access-denied-connecting-to-mysql-with-php

Maybe your Database is not at address 162.144.12.159  Probably that is the ip-number when you look to the database from your home.
The scripts run already at your server, so most of the times it is "localhost" or sometimes "127.0.0.1"
But as I have no experience with your hosting company I am not sure what the problem could be or how your settings should read. Sorry, for this someone else has to answer these questions.
Succes, Wim

Offline jzinckgra

• Maine, U.S.A
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Firefox 64.0
    • Personal weather site
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2019, 01:23:40 PM »
Google is your friend. Search for
Code: [Select]
Connect failed: Access denied for user 'Jzinckgr_weatherstation'@'162.144.12.159' (using password: YES)Some answers point to the privileges again:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47667204/access-denied-connecting-to-mysql-with-php

Maybe your Database is not at address 162.144.12.159  Probably that is the ip-number when you look to the database from your home.
The scripts run already at your server, so most of the times it is "localhost" or sometimes "127.0.0.1"
But as I have no experience with your hosting company I am not sure what the problem could be or how your settings should read. Sorry, for this someone else has to answer these questions.
Succes, Wim
I got it. I had stationcron doing the uploads and not WDAPI. Works now, thanks.

Offline jzinckgra

• Maine, U.S.A
    • Personal weather site
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2019, 12:15:28 AM »
I'm using an Amazon fire tablet to display my template and the temp is not auto refreshing. Everything else does but temp. Any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline niko

• syzygy
  • Global Moderator
  • Crystal Ball broken! Please post the URL.
  • Northern California, U.S.A.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Chrome 72.0.3626.121
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2019, 02:32:59 AM »
I'm using an Amazon fire tablet to display my template and the temp is not auto refreshing. Everything else does but temp. Any ideas?

What browser? The bitsostring template site (inc. temp block) updates OK in Chrome on a Fire HD 10.

Online Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 72.0.3626.121
    • Weather Display
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2019, 02:36:21 AM »
I left the page open and it did update
but the graph shows the temperature is stable at the moment

cumulus