How hard is to setup and use weather34 template? ** Closed - outdated **

I checked the permissions. Read and Execute for User, Group and World are enabled. Write is only enabled for User. I went ahead and enabled Group and World for Write and it still doesn’t work. When I open the pwsWD folder and see all the scripts, they have different permissions (see pic). Some of your links above that did work for you are not working now. Ver 5.6 is running

Well, at least something is 100%.
Now all the scripts end in a 500 error. Even the scripts which worked previously.

So definitely there is some permission problem, I hope you will find it. Maybe contacting your provider will help?

Wim

Wim,
See my post above yours with pic. Should Execute be enabled for all scripts? The pwsWD main folder has all permissions, but inside the folder, individual scripts are all different for permissions.

Normally all scripts have 644 with “apache”.
The folders (and the contents) to which the scrips write data have 755: ./jsondata ./ chartsmysql/ ./chartswudata/
But your server is using “nginx” and maybe that is different. I have no idea.
Maybe simple trial and error.
Remove the write group and write world form the pwsWD/ folder, it should be 755 at most.
Check the ./jsondata ./ chartsmysql/ ./chartswudata/ folders also.

Set index.php and _test.php back to 644
Then test them if they work.

Wim

The above fixed the issue. It seems to work now, but it says my php ver is “Info: Your current PHP version is : 5.4.45” under the easysetup screen. I know you said it should be 5.6 or higher, but is this a problem. It’s odd because hostgator says the ver is 5.6.30. thanks.

When you unzip the info.php from a few messages back, you can run it on you site and it will display the real PHP information.
Wim

When I access your site, it is still not working correctly. => http://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/
The index.php is only partly loaded and 12 scripts fail because of a 500 error.

The database-user & -password fields are simple html fields without any extra checking by easyweather.
If you fill in any normal characters, like 12345444444 ,
and press save at the bottom,
The field should contain those characters if you start easyweather again.

I therefor assume that the file is not saved when you click the save button. Maybe also because a 500 error.

Wim

Win,
A few more questions. I’m not sure I’m using the correct host name, but the credentials are the same ones I have in WD. Why does the cpanel password stay blank? I enter in password , then save, but when I go back, it’s blank again.

Do I have the correct webcam link? Thanks.

Already answered in previous message How hard is to setup and use weather34 template? ** Closed - outdated ** - #16 by pwsdashboard - PWS Dashboard 2012 - Weather-Watch Forum
When a script fails after you hit the button, it can not write the information.
So first try with a fake password with normal characters. Maybe that is saved.

The webcam will not show as the scripts run in a 500 error. But the correct link would be …/capture2.png
Wim

Is this how the link in the php file should appear?
#-------- www.weather911.net/capture2.png

www.weather911.net/capture2.png does not exist, but there is an image at

Right, but I’m still getting a server 500 error. The http link is direct to my website. I was trying to make sure the php file and the link I entered was properly entered, including the dashes. Still may be a permissions issue which I’m working on. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Enter the link as

…/capture2.jpg

Looks like it’s a permissions issue. I see duplicate php files in the main pwsWD folder and then again in the pwswdupdate folder. Do I update all php files in both folders for the duplicates or only one?

Edit. I updated all php files to 644 and scripts seem to be working. I went ahead and setup WD to upload from my station and got the “success” message when I tested, but still not seeing my station conditions, just the sample conditions. I think I need to provide clientraw.txt path in settings? If so, do I fill out the boxes in the WD pic below

can someone tell me why I am getting this error:
Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home4/jzinckgr/public_html/pwsWD/w34_livedata.php on line 305

at this link: http://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/index.php

Did you hand edit any of the files included with the distribution?

Also, your page footer shows:

Data Source: Clientraw n/a Hardware: Davis VP2 Pro

Double check your path setting in easy setup to your clientraw file…

The real error is Warning: file_get_contents(clientraw.txt):
So there is no data to be read, if you meant that clientraw.txt is in the root is should be …/clientraw.txt
But that is not correct either as http://www.weather911.net/clientraw.txt does not exists (404 error) or can not be read.

When there is no data at all, all kind of errors and warnings can occur. Also the array_key_exist which was checking if a certain field existed.

So for now please reset the location of clientraw.txt to “./demodata/clientraw.txt” then there will be no errors messing things up.
Then you can change ONE setting at a time => save after every change => test => only continue when all remains OK
Wim

That’s where I’m confused. WD generates a clientraw.txt file right? I assume this gets uploaded to my host, but I can’t find the file and thus the path to direct to

There is far far to much data that WD can generate and upload. There is a youtube movie and a wiki about what to select and how to upload. Then WD uploads only what you want/need.
Wim

you can set in WD to create and upload the clientraw.txt file
see under control panel
webfiles/web page setup
real time ftp setup