How hard is to setup and use weather34 template? ** Closed - outdated **

I have my own website and have been uploading to it from WD for years (www.weather911.net), but am interested in using the weather34 template, but have no experience beyond basic web design. I use host gator as the server. Would this be over my head to try and get this setup using WD? Thanks.

Have a look at the documentation found on the ‘HomeWeatherStation Template - WD Version’ and if you need additional information or have questions, check the ‘weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi)’ thread in the Weather-Watch forums. :wink:

Thanks. I uploaded and extracted files to my root dir, but I’m getting a 500 internal server error when I try the test link. emailMyName- Low-cost email address - 1GB email storage - Block spam - Web & POP3 email access - Get your name as your email address

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Is “mysite.net” really your domain name?

No. www.weather911.net

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

===> Maybe
there is a special setting at your provider, as using the test-program, the first script runs OK

When using “inspect” you will see that all but one php script is allowed to run. All others get a 500 error
Again when testing such an individual script it runs OK
http://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/_test.php?test=clock_small.php
All single scripts work as they should
http://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/w34_easyweathersetup.php

It seems that only scripts which do not include other PHP scripts work
EXAMPLE Easyweather setup has the name of the previous script and the only thing is does is load the new version, but it fails also.

<?php 
include 'w34_easyweathersetup.php';

Running the included script directly works fine http://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/w34_easyweathersetup.php

===> Maybe
you uploaded the scripts and they got the wrong permissions.
All scripts should have execute permissions to thew Apache user itself.

===> QUESTIONS
But whatever the cause, I can not solve it as it seems not to be an error or setting in the scripts
Do you know:
what version of PHP you are using? I attach a smal script, it displays all info about your PHP version
if your website is run with Apache or IIS
and the provider where your website is hosted?

Wim

info.php.zip (179 Bytes)

What ver PHP should I be using? My site is hosted by hostgator. thanks.

At least 5.6, better 7.1 or higher.
Wim

I tested a few times and it could be a permission problem as I can generate the same 500 error when setting scripts as not-executable.
Every script which when run in the browser fails with a 500 error , runs correctly when loaded using a test-program.
EXAMPLE: Easyweather setup fails with a 500 error
The script ttp://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/_test.php works and loads
And when that working script loads the same example script : Easyweather setup it also works OK.

If you do not have time to check the permissions and set them correctly, you could email me (not a message on the forum) your ftpserver/userid/password and I can check.

Because I am as curious as you probably are, why it is not working 100%, why some scripts fail and others not.

Wim

I checked the permissions. Read and Execute for User, Group and World are enabled. Write is only enabled for User. I went ahead and enabled Group and World for Write and it still doesn’t work. When I open the pwsWD folder and see all the scripts, they have different permissions (see pic). Some of your links above that did work for you are not working now. Ver 5.6 is running

Well, at least something is 100%.
Now all the scripts end in a 500 error. Even the scripts which worked previously.

So definitely there is some permission problem, I hope you will find it. Maybe contacting your provider will help?

Wim

Wim,
See my post above yours with pic. Should Execute be enabled for all scripts? The pwsWD main folder has all permissions, but inside the folder, individual scripts are all different for permissions.

Normally all scripts have 644 with “apache”.
The folders (and the contents) to which the scrips write data have 755: ./jsondata ./ chartsmysql/ ./chartswudata/
But your server is using “nginx” and maybe that is different. I have no idea.
Maybe simple trial and error.
Remove the write group and write world form the pwsWD/ folder, it should be 755 at most.
Check the ./jsondata ./ chartsmysql/ ./chartswudata/ folders also.

Set index.php and _test.php back to 644
Then test them if they work.

Wim

The above fixed the issue. It seems to work now, but it says my php ver is “Info: Your current PHP version is : 5.4.45” under the easysetup screen. I know you said it should be 5.6 or higher, but is this a problem. It’s odd because hostgator says the ver is 5.6.30. thanks.

When you unzip the info.php from a few messages back, you can run it on you site and it will display the real PHP information.
Wim

When I access your site, it is still not working correctly. => http://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/
The index.php is only partly loaded and 12 scripts fail because of a 500 error.

The database-user & -password fields are simple html fields without any extra checking by easyweather.
If you fill in any normal characters, like 12345444444 ,
and press save at the bottom,
The field should contain those characters if you start easyweather again.

I therefor assume that the file is not saved when you click the save button. Maybe also because a 500 error.

Wim

Win,
A few more questions. I’m not sure I’m using the correct host name, but the credentials are the same ones I have in WD. Why does the cpanel password stay blank? I enter in password , then save, but when I go back, it’s blank again.

Do I have the correct webcam link? Thanks.

Already answered in previous message How hard is to setup and use weather34 template? ** Closed - outdated ** - #16 by pwsdashboard - PWS Dashboard 2012 - Weather-Watch Forum
When a script fails after you hit the button, it can not write the information.
So first try with a fake password with normal characters. Maybe that is saved.

The webcam will not show as the scripts run in a 500 error. But the correct link would be …/capture2.png
Wim

Is this how the link in the php file should appear?
#-------- www.weather911.net/capture2.png

www.weather911.net/capture2.png does not exist, but there is an image at