METAR and WD

I should have mentioned. Before sending you that file, I had turned off the METAR switch and selected the Use the icon" that I selected.

One thing you mentioned that I didn’t have set was in the Summary Image and Icon Setup. Did those there and will keep an eye on it.

At least on my web site now, I see overcast and light snow in text and icon. So, the METAR is working. On my Weather Display window, though, it is just clear night sky. I’m more concerned about my web site, but I’d like it to show on my PC as well. This is what I have ticked in the Icon from Metar tab:

UPDATE: The icon has switched back to clear night skies and yet the text says overcast and light snow.
And the “Show the metal image on the web page” in the Icon from Metar tab does not remain ticked, even though I ticked it and clicked OK.

re do the export windows settings and email me the updated file as above and I will check/test here

but I have to head out of the office for a few hours

Sent again.
After a restart or so, it seems to be sticking now.

not sure if you have sent new settings
as you still have set to use this icon as the main screen icon under input daily weather

Yes, I sent it to you at 10:30 p.m. -4 UTC last night, noted in my last post. I sent the settings after I untucked that box in input weather…
Also, the weather icon, since last night after a couple of restarts, seems to be working.

but did you go action, back up windows registry entry now in WD
before sending me the settings
otherwise they are not updated and you are just sending the last settings

I did. Absolutely.

try again just to make sure

Sent again. As I mentioned earlier, the METAR seems to be, for the most part, updating the present weather condition icon.

i see that you have set a setting you should not have set
see the screen shot

Now that’s very strange. I saw that box and knew I shouldn’t tick that one. Must’ve, though, in trying to get METAR to stick. Just unticked it. Hopefully, the METAR is still working for the current weather.

Unfortunately, the METAR image has stopped coming through. Only current weather in text now.

you might have changed to many other things possibly
or try a restart

Other than throwing the switch and accidentally ticking that one box. A restart didn’t help. Strange thing- the METAR icon worked when I had that one box ticked- "Use this Metar to update WD’s data (if you do not have a weather station only). All the other METAR data is showing on my website as you scroll down to the bottom. A real nuisance to have a clear skies icon when it’s overcast and snowing.

Something’s not right in WD, at least here. I go into Control Panel-Summary Images & Icons-Icon/VP Forecast tab and select the Use this selected Icon instead in Manual Override and select Night Snow and then click update. The icon switches briefly in WD on my screen and then goes back to clear night skies. I go back to the same setting in Control Panel and see it’s back to default Sunny. Seems like this is one of the only ways to get the right icon without shutting off the METAR switch, but that’s not even working. 2 images posted below to show the back to default Sunny. Also, going into Input Daily Weather-Select the Main Screen Icon and choosing Night Snow…also works for a moment and then back to clear night skies.

why are you using the manual override?

you seem to be making way too many changes all at once, and setting the wrong settings too

Just an attempt to get the right weather icon. Nothing seems to be working.
Actually, I just checked my website and it

The Icon has been coming across fine now for the last day and now.
With that, I had tried one of my own icons for night snow and now longer see the original available. Where might I retrieve that one?

Found it. Reset to Default Icons was it.

One thing I do find is when selecting an icon there is no way to visibly see that it is selected. Usually, in the interface, shouldn’t it visibly show what is selected by some sort of border surrounding the selection in some way?

Strange that now the METAR icon is not working. Overcast and snow in text but showing just partly cloudy skies.