Weather Display has reset itself

Help.

My PC restarts itself every night.

For some reason, WD has reset itself - or most of it.

Screen size, colours, all time records - most settings have been restored to default and it asks for a language to be set on start-up.

Nothing has changed my end.

Any idea why this has happened and how I get everything back?

Hi,

wdisplay.ini needs to be recovered - see the FAQ at http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/55294

Got it and all done - thanks.

Any idea why it happened?

Hi,
Do you get WD to restart the PC or is the PC is set to do it itself?
If the latter and your PC aborts WD then settings and data files can get corrupted if they are being used (written to) at the time.

That will be it - the PC does it by itself.

Not bad though - it hasn’t corrupted in over 9 years!

I’ve had to rebuild the data files to make data display correctly.

This has mostly worked but my daily report data has been stripped here and no longer shows all of January: http://217.199.187.197/otronics.co.uk/Weather/January2019.htm (it was showing the month so far).

How do I rebuild this page?

Also, how come some other reports are showing 2019 data for days that haven’t happened yet (see attached)? How do I correct this?

if your logfile is OK
then you should be able to convert the logfile to data file
and that should correct the reports

I gave that a go earlier and it corrected some graphs.

Can you provide a step-by-step guide of what I should do so I can double-check please.

check the actual log file is OK
first
12019lg.txt
then go action, convert WD logfiles to data files
select that file
then click on convert

Also, you can try click on the “Recreate the last 31 days graph data” button after the process Brian explained above. :wink:

Hey there budgie, long time no hear :slight_smile:

Been lurking, Brian, just haven’t had much time to input on here. Too busy with work these days. #-o
I hope you’re all keeping well down there and that the Summer hasn’t been too hot & dry?

summer has been a real mixture here
Australia has been breaking heat records left right and center though

Thanks both.

Almost there - the Daily Report has been fixed.

The two images attached though are still showing odd results - days in 2019 that have yet to happen and no data for other days that have.

if the logfile is OK
then that should be all corrected
have you checked the logfile?
.zip and email me that

Hello.

At first glance it seems OK.

I will email the log now.

Thanks.

converts OK here
using your logfile

see attached screen sbot

All sorted.

Many thanks.

Hello again.

I have another question about correcting rain data but first, I think there is an issue with the ‘Averages/Extremes/Reports’ viewer.

I select a day/month/year and click ‘View selected day now’ but the ‘Rainfall for month’ and ‘Rainfall for year’ are always the same.

See the images attached.

you are right
its designed that way…in a way…
the data source (the data file) does not actually store the month and year rain total (the logfile does)
20 years ago pc’s did not have as much memory…