Graphing Data

I live out in the woods where we have a hillbilly electric company. The power goes out every time there is a big storm or just because. While i have a whole house generator, it does not prevent the computers from dying and restarting. When WD suffers a power failure and comes back up, it loses the graph data. The actual data is fine, but the graphs are flat lined and there is no “time” prior to the current time. I assume this is caused by certain files not being closed elegantly when the power goes off. It takes the Automatic Transfer Switch about 15 seconds to ascertain its a “real” failure and for the generator to start and kick in. When the power comes back, it is instantaneous and no glitch occurs.

Is there a way to rebuild the graphing display?

You could run the PC off a UPS, that would bridge the time until the genny kicks in.

Well, there is no problem I can’t solve with money, but I was hoping to run a utility or reset a file rather than add another ups to the house.

There’s a FAQ about steps to restore settings after power failure.

I’ll try that, but all the data is fine, its only graphs that are screwed up… The history data is actually fine and so are the settings.

You can recover the graph data
By converting the logfile to datafile
And the recreate the last 31 days data
See under action,convert WD log files to
Datafiles

Thank you

Jim