Blizzards in the Midwest

Ever notice how a blizzard doesn

Of course not, it is ONLY the east coast where those who run the national news live get a bit up about it.

During the elections, Minneapolis, which is just west of me by about 90 miles, lamented that no candidate paid any significant attention to our neck of the woods, and got the nickname fly-over country.

My wife has noticed this for some time. It doesn’t help that the weather channel is (used to be) located in the south somewhere, near the paths of tornadoes and snow sometimes.

But the tornado alley and major thunderstorms and those to the west all get left out, mainly because NBC hasn’t put a head count on those in the path of a storm. Sounds much more impressive to say that 45,000,000 are in peril rather than a few million might be rained on, or have to deal with a foot or two of snow in blowing winds. Naww, that wouldn’t be catchy.

It was worse when we visited Washington DC this last summer. It was even more self important than even the east coast in general.

I say it all the time.

They own the press and thinks there is nothing past Ohio until you get to CA.
Somewhat like this

I was glad it was 14 degrees for the Super Bowl last year. Wish it would have been colder.

[quote author=aardvark link=topic=67563.msg542503#msg542503 date=1547941286]
Ever notice how a blizzard doesn