WD Restart during Rain

Hello all, I have had this happen several times. Wondering if anyone else did

Let’s say it rained out (.03) earlier. Then later for whatever reason WD gets restarted. What it seems to do is add an additional .03 to the total.

For me today there was .03 rain earlier. WD crashed and restarted. Daily rain showed .03.

However, the month/year showed 2.31 when in reality it was 2.28 (difference is the .03 from earlier)

Hope this makes sense…

the restart will be when WD detects or things the data is flat lining
maybe during the rain event you did not have much change in the weather data?

Agree that is what happened. I noticed the record count was low - so your tool is fix works !!!

In this case when WD restarted there was no rain. So when WD restarted and it grabbed new data from the VP, it added the .03 from earlier to the current totals

Does that make sense

Btw that delay to detect flat lines is awesome. What about a 1 minute delay vs. 2??

Thanks again

how far back was it retrieving missed data?
maybe that is the issue (ie going back say 10 minutes when it should be only a few and so picking up rain when it should not have)

in full disclosure I wasn’t at my mac when it happened so i can’t answer that

however, it has happened before and i know it wasn’t raining during this.

but it was probably a flatline which your program detected so it should’t have been more than 2 minutes

I guess i’m scratching my head why if when WD relaunched, and it had to re-import from VP - during no rain - would it increase the month and year total

If there was no rain it should just pick up where it left off

Again i wasn’t there so I can’t be sure if it was raining or not - but dont believe it was

I really need more detailed info on exactly occured to be able to offer any insight

I strongly believe what happened (to reproduce)

take a day that it rained When not raining, stop WD for 10 mins. Then start up WD see what happens

This doesn’t happen all the time but i have noticed it happen many times