Earth’s Shifting Magnetic Pole May be Confusing Your Cell Phone

https://spaceweatherarchive.com/2019/01/16/earths-shifting-magnetic-pole-affects-your-cell-phone/

#-o :frowning:

Marian

I use my cell phone as a phone and not for navigation. I’m not worried! :slight_smile:

Polar shift… it has happened before I believe.

What the article not shows is, that the north pole is actually doing “a runner”. For years it only shifted a few cm annually, in 2000 it decided to move to 75 degrees and speed up a little. Instead of 10cm per year it decided 17cm per year shift was in order.

Then it got into a real hurry… it now is moving 55KM per year… it is running toward Europe (of all things). But hey, who cares it is only one of the four poles LOL.

Eitherway… time to occasionally disagree with the navigation lady… (back to the old days where the missus would read the map, and give directions :-)).

I rely on my on my gps when we go to my wife’s home town as she tends to say turn here as you drive though the intersection, points left while saying turn right… I don’t think gps relies on magnetic information, though phones have magnetic sensors and apps like star walk 2 rely on it to determine how a phone is positioned.