weather display not responding

when loading wd from vantague vue the data uploads but when downloading stops (not responding )tried deleting and download newer version tried vws no problem also weather link no problem ,been using wd from vue consol for years

doesn’t work on start up,went to action extract date from davis datalogger set time data downloads to wd

Really need more detailed exact description and time
Line of what is happening
Otherwise I can only guess
I. E the more info you can provide the better

I’m having the same problems When the computer resets after midnight 12:05 and now set to 12:15 am WD sits there waiting trying to dowload the Davis logger. It will sit there forever or until closed and opened again then it downloads the logger and runs normally. It started doing this a couple weeks ago when still using B81, has not changed with B88 Restarting the computer some times works but mostly still hangs.

I also have issues with it saying not responding, especially if I am in any of the settings. Pretty much a given it will not respond when doing an ftp session.

But that is not the same issue at all as to what has been
Reported here
What speed pc/ how much memory?

Weather Display Computer Conditions
Weather Display v10.37S b88 Last Updated: 2:00 PM 1/20/2019, next update: 2:10 pm
Current Alarm: —
Windows up time: 0 Days 13 Hours 46 Minutes 25 Seconds
amount of free memory on the pc, GB: 6.67GB
current amount of memory used by WD: 173,804 K
current CPU use 14%
Time of next Update/Upload: 2:10 pm
Time/date WD was started: 1:47:31 PM 1/20/2019
Data from station received count 362
The recpetion of the data from the ISS status: 19629 0 0 19629 0
The current % reception: 100%

HP win 10 desktop, has some upgrades second hard drive an hd video card, boosted wifi card , think it has 16 gigs of ram was to be media server, blue ray optical drive. Miainly runs the weater station and some times my html editor, fire fox amd that is about it.

I think I’m experiencing a similar issue. WD receives data fine for 3-4 days and then stops receiving it. Closing and opening WD fixes the issue. This started happening a few weeks ago, after I set up WD on a new machine (could be a coincidence).

WD Version 10.37S85 (updating to the latest version now)
Windows 10 64-bit (17763.195)
i5-4200U CPU
6GB RAM
Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 (Wired)

Is there a logfile or some other way to get a report the next time it stops receiving data?