Can I recover missing days in Averages/Extremes Table?

WD is only showing Averages/Extremes from Jan 11-13, 2019 (see attached screen capture). I noticed this because my weather history webpage (http://willowsfordfarmweather.org/wxhistory.php) is missing the first 9 days of the month. I had an issue with WD on 11 Jan when I noticed two instances of WD running after a Windows update (WD auto starts with Windows). I shutdown one instance and both closed and upon restarting, about 12 hours of data was missing from the graph. I recovered the missing data using the VP2 data logger and all seemed good. But apparently I’m missing about 9 days’ worth of data in WD. Can I recover the data by clicking the “Update the whole month” button in View → Averages/Extremes in WD or do I need to try to re-extract the VP2 data beginning 1 Jan? Or do I need to do both?

if all the data is in the logfile then convert the logfile to data file

Brian - thanks for the quick reply. I’m not sure how I would convert the logfile to a data file. Am I looking for a specific logfile to view to see if all the data is there or should I just try to “Update the whole month” and see what happens?

Hi,
logfiles are usually in c:/wdisplay/logfiles - find 12019lg.txt and open it up and check data starts on Jan 1st and is complete up until now.

if it is then from the WD menu use
action → convert log files to data files (reset graphs)

hopefully it should show the location of all the logfiles and with 12019lg.txt selected as per the attached image - click “convert” and close the window and view the averages extremes again and see if it worked.

Martyn - yes, that worked. Luckily I backup my wdisplay folder daily to my cloud service so I had a 2019lg.txt file from 11 Jan with 1-10 Jan data and the 2019lg.txt file in my current c:/wdisplay folder had 11-15 Jan. I combined the two files, saved the updated 2019lg.txt file in c:/wdisplay/logfiles, then in WD, ran Action → Convert log files to data files (reset graphs), which worked (see attached).

Next question: will the January Daily Report file (C:/wdisplay/webfiles/January2019.htm) automatically update after midnight tonight with the correct data from 1-15 Jan? I would assume so.

yes