WXSIM 2019, Build 1.0 Released!

Hi Tony,

I DID manage to reproduce the error, though I haven’t quite found the variable that’s overflowing, because I have lots of error trapping, that sends the error to the handler instead of leaving it where it occurred. However, I’m almost sure it is associated with the fact that you are running a long forecast, with 60 iterations per interval, which has the counter up to 15,900 when the error occurs. I think some related variable must be about twice that, and is an integer exceeding the bounds of such things (32,768, I think). I easily solved this by cutting back to 20 iterations per interval. In fact, I see no reason to use more than 6. This is under parameters.

I’m confused about why there would be any difference between the older and new versions here, though. I can’t think of anything I changed related to this. I also don’t know whether Stuart was seeing the same thing. In any case, I’d be interested to hear how the new version does with 6 (or as much as 20) iterations per interval. If that solves the problem, I can prevent this somehow.

With autolearn, does it crash immediately? Can you send me a screen shot? Can you send me alrninit.txt?

Thanks!

Tom