WXSIM 2019, Build 1.0 Released!

I’ve just released a new version! Also, I’ve cleaned up/updated the manual and the web site a bit. To UPGRADE (for existing users), use this installer:

www.wxsim.com/wxsimupg.exe

If you are NOT a registered user, you can get the demo here:

www.wxsim.com/wxsimdem.upg

I’m pasting in below the changes implemented in the last few versions. Also, note that WXSIMATE (included) is now Version 7.0, which has updated URL’s (which all work!)

Thanks, as always, for your support of my programs!

Tom

Version 2019 Build 1.0, (completed January 11, 2019) has the following change relative to Version 2018, Build 1.3 (described below):

(1) A new output file, latestblyr.csv, has been added, to display a variety of data related to nocturnal and capping inversions. See

Tom, first WXSIM 2019 forecast ran without any issues!!! 8)

Thanos

Hi,
The first run after upgrade was perfect, i will wait how wxsimlite goes. :smiley:
Stefan

Hi Tom.

I am receiving “Error 6 in wxmain” on this build.
The location of the error is variable (between day 2 and day 4)
It changes based on the time of day the program is run.

I notice during my day that between 10 am and 4 pm there is always an error.
As I was up early this morning, I noted that the error has been occurring since 4 am.
(all times in gmt+10)

Rob

page comes up missing 404

Hi,

I`m glad that I am not the only one.
I have exactly same problem.
The run after the run with the error goes fine again.
I had it two times now with this new version.

Hope Tom can find something.

Brgds,
Oebel

Past couple of days I’ve been seeing errors on this release, error 70 several times followed by several error 6. A reload and download of wxsimate data and rerun of lite and subsequent run goes ok. If this happens again I will go back a release which did not expose me to this.

Stuart

Sorry about these errors! Which happens first, error 70 or error 6? (I would think 70 might happen AFTER 6, but I’m not sure). I don’t know if it’s something about the new version, or if there’s been a data problem lately. If you see it again, please send me custinit.txt, rgcode.txt, localdat.txt, localcal.txt, wxsmini.txt, wdata.txt, cty.fdt, fdata.txt, and cor.txt, as those are probably all the files that could be involved. Also, if you revert to another version and can definitely show that the new version has the problem and the old version does’t, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom the problem is intermittent and as I was not watching it I don’t know for sure which error came first, as a guess it was the 70. Has not happened for acouple of days now but am wondering if it could be related to when lite runs the analysis which is not every night. I’ll watch it over the next few days and will send the files if it does happen again.

Stuart

Well this morning WXSim managed to crash my PC - it hung up with an error 480 from WXSim and I needed to power off my PC to recover as nothing worked. I have reverted to the previous version for now… I have gathered the files mentioned previously but with this error I dont know if they are valid.

Stuart

Have been running this build for 10 days - no problems so far.

Hi Everyone,

Build 1.0 running well here.

Thanks Tom.

John

Hi Tom,
As you know I’m in a rather rough situation at present with past weeks of living in thick smoke and fires threatening us (all occurring at the wrong time as we are a third way through preparing our property for sale due to my health declining, which will render the weather site offline eventually = as we have no idea where we will be after we sell). So at last yesterday I had a breather from the smoke as it cleared slightly here and from the exhaustion of 24hr monitoring (though still on Watch and Act). I found this thread and decided to update wxsim even though I will shut down in due course and although had a few teething issues, got it running OK.
However with ref to your comments quoted below, I found that my personal mysql script failed due to the inclusion of a new field in latest.csv this new field is the UTC date/timeUTC stamp though does not have a header.
I have rectified my own personal scripts (not used by others) so all good.
If you add a Header it will not impact mine. Though surprised I could not find any mention of this on the forum aside from my original post and Wim’s reply at http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/520860 which was all prior to this upgrade.
I also found a few other things in other .csv files which I’d like to question one day (when all this fire/move/etc is over, though no capacity left to go into detail on those.

[quote]
Version 2018 Build 1.3, (September 19, 2018) had the following change relative to Version 2018, Build 1.2 (described below):

(1) In the latestshort.csv file, the time will now be consistent with the Daylight Saving Time setting. Previously, during DST, the date would change according to DST, but the time wouldn

Regards Tony

These information have left me worried.
Above all, I wish you better in your health.
I also hope that your problems end with the risk of fire, smoke, sale of the house …

I’m sorry that you have to close the page and, I’m sure you’ll be back soon.
I am an enthusiast of your scripts for WxSim.

Effectively, with the WxSim update of October 2018, your scripts stopped working on my page.
In January 2019, I managed to solve the problem as indicated in:

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/523652

I pray for the solution of all your current problems.

Greetings from San Sebastian, Spain

Javier

Hi Javier,
As always I thank you for your kind words.
Though at this stage I feel I may not have the capacity to continue after our eventual move, only time will tell.
Sadly I thought all was good after recent post, however I am now getting error 6, all was brilliant before the upgrade and also at a time of need while during ongoing fire situation I feel now I should have left well enough alone.
I am in a position where I am not able to monitor wxsim/website as I used to due to current situation so when I check it now and then I now find errors. such a pity, if it continues I’ll just shut it down as that is not my standard displaying incorrect old not updated data.
Will see what happens, kind regards,

Tony I had issues with the 2019 release and since going back have not (touch wood) had any.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,
Thanks matey, will try that, if it fails I’m done.
Tom as per your request on error 6 which I get on some runs, wonder if it is Cumulus or your wxsim source data or maybe 9 day vs say 4 day forecast.
zipped files attached.
Kind regards,

wxsimissues19.zip (380 KB)

Hi reinstated old version and did manual run, all good.
Off to bed now, will see if auto runs are fault free when I awake.
One thing I did note is that in wxsimate, I was running :
Metar : proxy/wxsim (in old and new version)
Synop : proxy/wxsim (in old and new version)
RAOB : rap.ucar.edu (in old but (proxy/wxsim) in new version). did not realise till revert so not sure if it was an underling issue.

kind regards,

SYNOP is the only one I see in old version now with proxy value in. RAOB is

www.rap.ucar.edu

Stuart

Tony, thanks for the files from when you got the error. I’m working on it! :slight_smile:

Tom