Slow communication with VP2 Logger

A couple of days ago I noticed that my station graph had some flat spots on it. Upon further investigation Weather Display was not pulling/receiving from the Com Port logger in the normal rate. The console was updating normally, but it may take a minute or two for Weather Display to update, sometimes only a few seconds.

I then switched USB ports, rebooted, the normal things, all with no change. I then installed another version of Weather Display and reset my connection details, still the same issue.

I fired up WeatherLink, no problem. Data responds as expected to the screen using the same configuration as Weather Display.

Then I fired up VirtualVP and connected Weather Display via IP. Data works fine, and shows in the normal refresh rate.

Nothing changed in my setup, very few things are installed on the computer and I don’t see any other programs running.

Thanks for the assistance,
-Dennis

maybe check the limits/thresholds you have set in WD
i.e maybe at times your say temperature is going below the lower limit set

I confirmed none of the boxes are checked, but just to be safe I moved the limits out. I find it interesting that it pulls fine from the IP output by VirtualVP.

I have attached an image of the change over. Looks like about 4am you can see the windgusts and averages become very erratic and the solar data during the day is quite blocked.