sun/moon eclipse tag

Hi My WS is located in Slovenia/Europe. I am add suneclipse and mooneclipse TAG “%mooneclipse%” and “%suneclipse%” on my web page but as I can see this data is calculated for Australia. I have correct input od Lat and Long on WD but calculation is the same for Australia and Oceania. Could somebody tell me which formula is applayed or what can be done that calculation will be made for Europe.
On my webpage is next mooneclipse 23:31 UTC 16 julij 2019 Eclipse Total and sun eclipse 21:23 UTC 2 julij 2019 Eclipse Total This is for Austalia/Oceania area.
Any idea around this ??

Marco

Any idea??

it should be using the lat/long you have set for the sun moon rise/set in WD
what have you set there?

I just checked my moondetail2.gif for Netherlands.

We do have a moon eclips on Juli 16 23:31 but it is not a total eclips, only partially.
The next total eclips is next week on January 21 06:12 (Not mentioned in moondetail2.gif)

We do have a Total Sun Eclipse on July 2 but we are not able to see it.
The next Total Eclipse we can see is on August 12 2026.

Hi I have checked an I have correct data in Sun /mun coordinates. Here picture.
Next moon total eclipse on my area in set on 21.1.2019 and on web page also shows fool mon. But the tag shows next moon eclipse on 23:31 UTC 16 julij 2019 Eclipse Total

CS Marco

the problem is the component I use , for the moon eclipse, lat/long is not used
but I have found another calculation I can use and that does show the 21 jan eclipse for the northern hemisphere
so I can use
I will try that now and let you know

try a new .zip update of WD, ready now

I probably need to use this new routine for solar eclipse too? (as that did not have any location data in the routine I was using)

Hi Brian. Yep now workong OK for Moon eclipse . “21/januar/2019 04:12 (Local) 120%” ANd also max totality is correct 120%, thanks Brian…
Just waiting the update for sun data…

Marco.

Hi
OK, yes, I will do the same for the solar eclipse
so the 120% is correct?
as someone emailed me and asked about why is that above 100

I think 120% is OK, just means that the “shadow” is that much bigger than the moon. So 100% would be a very short eclipse cause the shadow would only just cover the moon.

Brian the date is now correct, but the time isn’t correct. My Lat/Long are 41.12 N 75.36 W

This is data from USNO:

Moon enters totality 2019 Jan 20 23:40.8 159.8 67.5
Middle of eclipse 2019 Jan 21 00:12.3 178.9 68.6
Moon leaves totality 2019 Jan 21 00:43.8 198.1 67.7

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

From hemel.waarnemen.com for Netherlands and belgium

De verduistering heeft een grootte van 1.20 in de kernschaduw.De eclips begint om 3:36 uur en staat bij het maximum, om 6:13 uur, op een hoogte van circa 21

you don’t mention what the time shows in WD Mikeym

It’s showing 10:12:29 (Local) http://mikeymsweather.com/wxastronomy.php bottom of page

the problem might be with the time zone
if you could email me your settings files mikeym

Sorry about that Brian:

Also here’s a screenshot of my sun/moon setup page.

#-o

MikeyM

the minutes is correct but the hour is not, which is why I think the time zone is not being picked up correct
what is the time zone you have set in control panel, solar setup?

Brian

Here’s my solar setup.

Thanks

MikeyM

10 hours off, looks like it’s using the wrong sign for the 5 hour tz adjustment.

Niko I agree, but the solar setup page say (-) if your East of GMT and I’m certainly West of GMT. Thanks for looking.

MikeyM :?