*** closed*** HWS Template (WD34) Wish List

there not quibbles just ideas thats how it evolved take the ones that work for most and unfortunately pass on the ones that dont… not everything has to be opinionated :slight_smile: yes six months of living in a hotel in livingstone told me enough about your weather and being a southern shandy drinking bastard from kent (as i was called many times humorously amongst other none post-able phrases ) i needed the sun…take care…brian

You got off lightly, then :slight_smile: Worse for me, I’m a Londoner. . .

guess a part of me is cockney with my mother being from lambeth … anyway livingstone was a cadburys flake and there is more currant bun in kent … take care its approaching big ben here and might cause some omar sharif if we carry on…

So after a day or two with the “Square” version, it has grown on me. And I recognize the need to use a format that adapts to many languages and units, which may supersede some graphic desires.

Wim, you have done a fabulous job of packing a ton of information into one page, and making it work all around the world, in different languages, and different units.

Great job, and thank you so much for all your time & effort.

For the information of any who may be interested:

As I am a Cumulus user for pwsWD34 and I note that the Cumulus calculation for Feels Like Temperature uses the above referenced formula, I have made this simple amendment to line 401 of the script w34_livedata.php

from this:
$weather[“temp_feel”] = convert_temp ($num,$from,$to);

to this:
$weather[“temp_feel”] = $cu[54];

to show the calculation result preferred by me on my web page.

The option for Cumulus users to use this alternate calculation could, of course, be an option provided on the setup page, if so desired.

best wishes

griffo42

Are you saying that your desired “feels like” is simply a value that switches (based on current conditions) between windchill and heat index?

Hi

Go to http://www.bom.gov.au/info/thermal_stress/ for a very full explanation of what is taken into account in calculating the value arrived at by the Cumulus software. I can’t put it any better!

best wishes

griffo42

$weather["temp_feel"]      = convert_temp($cu[54],$from,$to);

might be better. . .

What’s the URL?

100% correct.
Thanks for jumping in, little busy here

Wim

Nice to have a BE flag and option. :slight_smile:

Is already there, a lot of multiple language countries have that “problem” so there is this general solution.

1. copy and rename your countyry flag (for you be.svg) to xx.svg
    and
  2. select as “Your language/country flag” in the easyweather-settings the last one: “your country”

Wim

Hi

Thanks for your suggested change in the coding. I have implemented it.

What it appears to do is to bring into play the facility of being able to display the temps in fahrenheit. Correct?

My URL is Brisbane, Queensland Home Weather Station (cumulus version)

Thanks

griffo42
Brisbane, Australia

Yes :slight_smile:

Hi!
Is it possible to get that when you click on the webcam and in the pop-up camera there is a live image or a video being displayed.
For my part, it is a timelapse [url]http://regnskvett.com/intraday_Video.mp4[/url

Torjan

This pop-up now shows your mp4.

Wim

webcam_popup.php.zip (1.84 KB)

Hi!
Thanks but it doesn’t work with me, look at the pagehttp://regnskvett.com/pws07/

You had to look into the script.
It contains the example code for your camera as a comment.

This one will show the webcam feed

Wim

webcam_popup.php.zip (1.86 KB)

Hi
Thanks! It worked. I tried but did not tick away the part about webcam image.

July release has different options for decimal places in barometric pressure. Could we have another easyweather option for baro pressure in integer hPa (no d.p.) / inHg to 2 d.p.? (Trend can stay offset by +1 d.p.)

WMR200 only provides integer hPa. . . :slight_smile:

The WMR200 and some other stations have a resolution of 1mb or 0,1inHg
The accuracy of a WMR200 is +/-10mb

Using 2 decimals for inHg even after recalculation from hPa to inHg would show an unreal precision.

Or did I misunderstood your question?

Wim