cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: weather34 for WeatherDisplay - Wish List  (Read 4344 times)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der Kuil
  • Leuven Belgium CET
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.13.6
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: weather34 for WeatherDisplay - Wish List
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2019, 01:18:13 PM »
Regarding the downward arrow under the temp, is it possible to have that actually report Temp Rate? Yesterday we had a cold front move in and my WD indicated a temp drop of -5.8F/hr, yet the console pic below indicated -1F. What does it actually mean? It always show either +1 or -1F. Thanks.
Problem is known, the temp-rate is either 0, -1 or +1
There is an update (somewhere in the other topic), attached, which only displays the arrow and skips the value.
Wim
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 02:18:47 PM by wvdkuil »

Offline jzinckgra

• Maine, U.S.A
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Firefox 65.0
    • Personal weather site
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2019, 02:04:32 PM »
Problem is known, the temp-rate is either 0, -1 or +1
There is an update (somewhere in the other topic), attached, which only displays the arrow and skips the value.
Wim
Wim, so there is no way to have it actually report the true value?

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der Kuil
  • Leuven Belgium CET
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.13.6
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
Wim, so there is no way to have it actually report the true value?
The attached script will do that, it calculate the trend based on the last-hour change in rain.
Please unzip and test.

Offline jzinckgra

• Maine, U.S.A
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Firefox 65.0
    • Personal weather site
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2019, 02:42:28 PM »
The attached script will do that, it calculate the trend based on the last-hour change in rain.
Please unzip and test.
Rain? Did you mean temp?

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der Kuil
  • Leuven Belgium CET
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.13.6
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »

Offline jzinckgra

• Maine, U.S.A
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Firefox 65.0
    • Personal weather site
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2019, 03:15:01 PM »
Yes, sorry
I added the script to the pwsWD folder. I don't see a change yet. Might have to wait longer?

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der Kuil
  • Leuven Belgium CET
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.13.6
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2019, 03:39:26 PM »
I added the script to the pwsWD folder. I don't see a change yet. Might have to wait longer?
Probably you forgot to unzip as the current version on your server https://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/w34_livedata.php?sce=view does not has the change from the zip.
Your current version:
Code: [Select]
$weather["temp_trend"]          = $wd[143]; // -1/0/1the new version when you unzip it
$weather["temp_trend"]          = (float) $wd[99] - (float) $wd[90]; # 2019-01-22  replace [143] which is login not value
IMPORTANT When you want support it is common decency to include a link to your site. Poeple who want to help have to see what is happening in the scripts.

So would you be so kind to include the link to your site in your avatar-block. That is the the block on the left of every post you do.  The small globe should lead to your index.php  If there is a specific page you want to discuss about, always supply the full link.

Most persons on this forum are not clairvoyant, sadly.

Wim

Offline niko

• syzygy
  • Global Moderator
  • Crystal Ball broken! Please post the URL.
  • Northern California, U.S.A.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Chrome 71.0.3578.98
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2019, 04:28:38 PM »
IMPORTANT When you want support it is common decency to include a link to your site. Poeple who want to help have to see what is happening in the scripts.

So would you be so kind to include the link to your site in your avatar-block. That is the the block on the left of every post you do.  The small globe should lead to your index.php  If there is a specific page you want to discuss about, always supply the full link.

Really folks, please try to make it easy for the helpful people on here to help you!

But unfortunately we do have a lot of practice  :(

Offline jzinckgra

• Maine, U.S.A
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Firefox 65.0
    • Personal weather site
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2019, 05:35:15 PM »
Probably you forgot to unzip as the current version on your server https://www.weather911.net/pwsWD/w34_livedata.php?sce=view does not has the change from the zip.
Your current version:
$weather["temp_trend"]          = $wd[143]; // -1/0/1the new version when you unzip it
$weather["temp_trend"]          = (float) $wd[99] - (float) $wd[90]; # 2019-01-22  replace [143] which is login not value

Wim

Thanks a lot. All working good now. I sure have learned a lot in the last week. :)

Offline NorCal Dan

• Dan - KJ6RGX
  • Davis Vue/Win10
  • Ocean Park, WA.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.10.5
  • Chrome 72.0.3626.81
    • Traveling RV Weather
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2019, 07:00:24 PM »
Unless I missed it I would like to see this function added...

I have earthquake data displayed top row box 3 (webcam in main window bottom row middle box).  If I change to show earthquake data in main window instead of the webcam, when I click on that box it pops up a window showing multiple recent earthquakes.  Could this function be added to the top row box, so when clicked, it brings up that same pop up window?  I want to keep the webcam but I also would like the ability to bring up the recent earthquake pop up.

Offline GW400

• Klepp, Norway
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 72.0.3626.119
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2019, 10:12:38 PM »
Thank you for your fantastic work.
I have testet feb 18 beta using WeeWx to generate realtime.txt output from Vantage Pro2.

I would like to see the option allow for both webcam and UV in the two bottom blocks.
Regards G400

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der Kuil
  • Leuven Belgium CET
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.13.6
  • Chrome 72.0.3626.109
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2019, 10:29:16 AM »
Unless I missed it I would like to see this function added...

I have earthquake data displayed top row box 3 (webcam in main window bottom row middle box).  If I change to show earthquake data in main window instead of the webcam, when I click on that box it pops up a window showing multiple recent earthquakes.  Could this function be added to the top row box, so when clicked, it brings up that same pop up window?  I want to keep the webcam but I also would like the ability to bring up the recent earthquake pop up.
The top blocks have no room to add links. Adding would need extra room increasing the height further. The whole idea is that this template should fit on an iPad without scrolling.
But I added the earthquake to the current-conditions blocks.  Current-conditions only have a metar pop-up, so there is room.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der Kuil
  • Leuven Belgium CET
  • OS/Browser:
  • Mac OS X 10.13.6
  • Chrome 72.0.3626.109
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2019, 10:58:53 AM »
Thank you for your fantastic work.
I have testet feb 18 beta using WeeWx to generate realtime.txt output from Vantage Pro2.
I would like to see the option allow for both webcam and UV in the two bottom blocks.
The July release will have no "fixed" choices. All blocks will operate on all places.
But for the April release I adapted the easyweather script so that those two blocks have the same set of  choices.

Testing at https://sluispark.be/pwsTEST/   as I needed a WLIP-logger to test with
Wim
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:48:38 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline bitsostring

• Oregon Scientific WMR200
  • Edinburgh, U.K.
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 64.0.3282.140
    • Home Weather Station
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2019, 10:32:51 PM »
I know we get to choose the rain rate units, but I still think the units should be shown in the Rainfall block. Please. . .
It's meant to be fun. . .

Offline GW400

• Klepp, Norway
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win NT 10.0
  • Chrome 72.0.3626.119
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2019, 06:29:49 AM »
The July release will have no "fixed" choices. All blocks will operate on all places.
But for the April release I adapted the easyweather script so that those two blocks have the same set of  choices.

Testing at https://sluispark.be/pwsTEST/   as I needed a WLIP-logger to test with
Wim
Thank you Wim!
April release already covers my most urgent needs.
What would be nice was if UV and for instance moon phase could be changed according to clock. I.e. UV on daytime as long as sun is up and then switch to moon phase.
Regards G400

cumulus