FTP Upload Error. Cant find Directory

Hi

I have just changed site hosts after many years and am trying to sort out the weather on the new site.

After configuring the new FTP details the WD Live files update as they should. The averages and extremes etc also upload no problem. The webcam image, main screen shot and weather web page wont upload. Logs onto site ok but then says directory does not exist. This is the same directory that it uploads WD Live files, averages etc. I presume that it uses the same FTP program for all uploads?

I enc a screen shot of the error.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Edd

It’s looking for /public_html/wx/ Does that directory exist?

Hi

Yes it does. It is on the website and the rest of the files FTP to it ok.

Many thanks.

Edd

try putting / at the start of the remote directory

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have just tried as you suggested but get the same error. I did find however when looking at the Live FTP log that it also reports the error but still uploads to the directory it says doesn’t exist.

Thanks.

Edd

Sorry missed this attachment.

maybe try just
/wx/

Hi

Sorry for the delay.

It wont upload to any combination. Tried:

Public_html/wx/
Public_html/wx
/Public_html/wx/
/Public_html/wx
wx/
wx
/wx/
/wx

Clientdraw.txt, clienthour.txt, clientrawextra.txt and clientrawdaily.txt all update as normal when /public_html/wx/ is used, even though it reports the same “No such file or directory”.

I can upload the file manually using another FTP program by selecting the directory and doing a manual upload. Just fails on WD.

Thanks again.

Edd

are you sure its a capital P
try lower case p

Hi

You are correct and a typo set in I’m afraid. The directory is lower case and was actually set as such. I have however checked the following to be sure.

public_html/wx/
public_html/wx
/public_html/wx/
/public_html/wx

Unfortunately they all still report “No such file or directory”.

Thanks.

Edd

@Brian: If ftpupd sent a PWD after connecting it would help non expert FTP users diagnose directory problems like this.

@Edd: Try this so we know in which directory you land when connecting by FTP:

Try this
Open a Windows command window (cmd.exe)
At the prompt type
ftp yourservername
and hit return
respond to user and password prompts
you should now be logged in
type
pwd
and hit return

tell us the response.

Hi all

Many thanks for the excellent advice.

I’m happy to report that the FTP user profile that was set up already “landed” in the directory required so trying to specify it gave the error code.

Just got to figure out how to sort WD Live on the website now.

Thanks again.

Edd