The Weather Channel Sued for App Privacy Violations

I have never used Facebook or any other similar “social medium” but, of course, I am aware that I have no or little privacy on the Internet. Even using forums, such as this one, is a potential breach of privacy.

There is one recent installation on my computers, which scares the pants off me. This is WeatherFlow which constantly monitors what is going on at my end. It informs me when I close it down or practically do anything to the weather system. There is apparently a constant two-way exchange of data and “they” in Florida can even make programming changes on my computers, unbeknownst to me. Users’ weather data is there for anyone to see, including their battery voltage and ID code under some circumstances. As the system uses Android and Windows, I have little confidence in the privacy of the system. I am seriously thinking of ditching WeatherFlow, which is not adding much to my conventional weather systems, Davis and Oregon. I am not really happy with its performance on rainfall and wind speed, both of which can interact and lose accuracy under some circumstances.