This made my day

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2019/01/meet-new-zealand-s-teenage-weather-forecaster.html?fbclid=IwAR2cbU728IbQQn8ha8gpaHoHjGMfwwMnWnuZFbFIShL_eRGpaXIim559xic

WD and WDL :smiley:

I sent him a FB message, as I will be in his home town next month and asked if I could visit
(have not heard back yet)

Great! I wonder whether I could get a kid interested here. I’m old and can’t last for ever and I’d be glad to have someone 70-75 years younger take over. I could start him/her off by donating a weather station and computer. However, I would want the kid to show real enthusiasm and be willing to work towards doing a lot more than I’ve been able to!

the more kids that get interested the better for us all. Meteorology is a tough show but now is the time to get the kid from reporting conditions, recording climate events and trends into forecast and university. Great article, Brian , I appreciate your sharing.

His mother messaged back to say that would be great to visit :slight_smile:

I bet you make his day :wink:

I contacted him on Facebook message and he got back to me. I congratulated him and encouraged him to pursue meteorology as a career at a Univesity plus, use WD to post current conditions on FB.

just a follow up
I did visit him last month
was a great visit
I was able to fix a few things with WD 8O