Is there a command to have WD output a value of the sun's elevation in real time

There are enormous choices for WD’s ability to output things in the customtext.txt stream so while I thought I looked for the possible choices, I may have missed the spelling or what WD would call it.

I’m looking for what WD has calculated for the sun’s elevation above the horizon that it uses in calculations to generate the max solar for that time. I guess the azimuth might be of interest to some, but the elevation would be nice to have.

Does anyone recall seeing that %…% command to insert to get WD to furnish the sun elevation?
Thanks.
Dale

there is no custom tag for that…no one has needed it before now

Azimuth and elevation are shown on the latest WD
Weather34 template
recently issued by Wim van der Kuil.

I have a standalone php script to do it if that would help.

Brian,
thanks for confirming that there is no custom tag for that elevation function. I didn’t know if I missed it or didn’t guess the proper name for what it was called if it existed.

If you get bored some day, could that be created without too much trouble? If you do, the elevation is most important to my need, but both azimuth and elevation would be heaven.

And Niko, if you could do so, is it possible to share your script that I can see if I would be able to adapt to my need?

And again, thanks to those who have replied and offered help.

Dale

Sent by PM.

i could add a custom tag to WD

Brian,
I would LOVE a custom tag for sun elevation, and while you are in fiddling around, how about azimuth?

I don’t know how much work that is, and for just a few to use those data may seem like a lot of work, so if it is something that you just can’t justify, I’d understand.

But thank you, thank you, if it can be done.

Dale

i have added
%sunelevation%
to
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

Wow. I’m downloading and will install and test today. Thanks. Dale

Brian,
So far it is working perfectly!

Thanks for this.

I’ll update later as it goes down tonight as to the timing and function.
Dale