***closed*** weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi)

Thanks, Wim. Working now :slight_smile:

Mine works but with some problems. It does not load when using https://stillwaterweather.com/pwsWD Instead this error page come up which reads: Not Found, The requested URL /pwsWD/.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

But it does load when using https://stillwaterweather.com/pwsWD/index.php

Another thing, in menu, I can’t select between dark and light theme without getting the same error. Same with the C button in the upper right corner.

That message is a standard “Apache” message
It is not normal that Apache is trying to load a " .php" script.

Check your cPanel settings or check with your provider.
Normally Apache loads index.php or index.html or index.htm when no script or file is mentioned.

Wim

Does this version of W34 support the extra charts page? It was named “wxcharts.php” in the original W34. I have searched but can’t find any info on the previous extra page of charts.

There has been numerous extra pages and scripts. Some are added. such as WXSIM.

Please add your “requests for enhancements” to the “wish-list” topic, and include some sort of screenshot.
I am fairly new to these scripts and have no history of all extra’s from the past.
Wim

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wxcharts.zip

Hi,

Having a problem with my April rain popup date. Today is saying it is Friday the 24th, when it is Tues. How can this be fixed? Thanks.

Do you have a link / URL to your pwsWD site? I need to access the site to check what the problem could be.

I attach the current version of the script, just to test if it removes the problem.

1. make a copy of your website version of w34_graph_xx.php
  2. unzip attachment
  3. upload the un-zipped version of w34_graph_xx.php replacing the one with the problem.

Wim

w34_graph_xx.php.zip (6.24 KB)

yes, sorry about that: http://weather911.net/pwsWD/index.php

The attached version comes from Leuven Home Weather Station (wf version) , it is from the same release and works correct.

Please try this script and let me know if the problem is solved.

Wim

w34_graph_xx.php.zip (5.33 KB)

Hi, my big temp disappears after a short time for some reason, refresh the page and it comes back, also in the marked area, its foreign text.
I am also trying to update the wind speed and direction to every 2 seconds, when i count it appears to be around 40 seconds yet in the settings they were set to 16 which does not match what its doing (40s) i changed them to 2 anyway but i have a feeling it might not even be that file (WD34_settings.php)?

I am using wd clientraw and wxsim

Thanks

Maybe: The temp script fails when there is an incomplete upload.
I could not replicate that. I waited about 10 automatic reloads and the area remains unaffected.
Questions: What browser do you use? Does it happen with other browsers? Which provider?

also in the marked area, its foreign text.
There are a lot of “regional” languages for the DarkSky forecast. There is a setting nearly at the bottom where you select the language for the DarkSky forecast. After you change that and save the settings, please wait max 1 hour until the cached 9dutch) forecast is replaced with one with your selected language
I am using wd clientraw
Thanks
Success, Wim

HI Wim, thank you for the reply, i am using Chrome on 2 laptops both and both do the same with the temp, very strange, when you say provider, i assume you mean, hostgator or 1and1 etc, well its my own Kimsufi server. I still have an older version running here and that temp works ok

Regarding the forecast settings, its set to English (Which is the default) already, i didnt change that, i will wait for the hour to pass :slight_smile:

I did amend my reply adding the part about the wind speed update times, i will like them at 2s and have adjusted the setting but the default was 16s, yet when i count it they are at about 40s so that does not match the default at 16. I have them at 2 second in the older version as show here, there are 3 pages that have the same settings so i changed all 3, perhaps i missed one :slight_smile: wd34_settings.php, wd34_settings1.php and wd34_settings copy.php

The big temp appears to disappear after 5 minutes., just loaded MS Edge and IE9 and FF to test those

Those are totally different versions, much of the code is changed.

I will investigate deeper / longer. Maybe an incomplete load of the block contents.
Are other blocks affected, or do they look normal?

Regarding the forecast settings, its set to English (Which is the default) already, i didnt change that, i will wait for the hour to pass :slight_smile:
http://www.brecklandweather.com/pwsWD/forecastDShourly_popup.php =>The texts are all in Dutch
./jsondata/darksky.txt => all in Dutch
So I think there is a typing error with the DarkSky API-key
You need that to display the bottom part of the current conditions block, that part shows the current/expected conditions for this/coming hour.
I did amend my reply adding the part about the wind speed update times, i will like them at 2s and have adjusted the setting but the default was 16s, yet when i count it they are at about 40s so that does not match the default at 16. I have them at 2 second in the older version as show here, there are 3 pages that have the same settings so i changed all 3, perhaps i missed one :slight_smile: wd34_settings.php, wd34_settings1.php and wd34_settings copy.php
The individual refresh-times can be altered in w34_blocks.php
A fast check at http://www.brecklandweather.com/pwsWD/w34_blocks.php?sce=view shows that the refresh-time is default 40 seconds. External providers do not like multiple users refreshing the blocks at 2 seconds as that involes loading multiple .PHP scripts and data-sets.

Wim

Thank you Wim, thats sorted the refresh times, i have no issues with my server and refresh times, for y clients at add them to a white list that prevents them from being affected by the firewall and cphulk, i/they could use 1 seconds (if wanted) and we wouldnt be affected. But yes, many providers do not like this but this is the benefit of having your own server, you can set it to how you like :slight_smile:

Re the temp, all the browser return the same issue, thats FF, Chrome, IE and Edge

Re the dark sky side of things, i have just checked the api and the code is totally different to what it was when i used it for the previous script, very strange, i have updated it to the new api code and now awaiting any change, all the other blocks appear ok…

I have just clicked on the Nearby link and that opens the METAR, i have changed the airport in the settings and just double checked yet its still showing your default METAR (EBBR Brussels) perhaps ths has not cached yet?

Sorry wim, just noticed that the temp for the coming hour in that current conditions block (now its working) is about 16C too high

Best to do a new reply in case you miss it, i left it on the light theme and the temp is still there after 12 minutes, so its just on the dark theme

http://www.brecklandweather.com/pwsWD/_test.php?test=forecastDShourly_popup.php
Shows those “to high” temps.

Question: This is the data received from DarkSky: How Dark Sky users can use the Apple Weather app - Apple Support

Where are you located? This is the latitude / longitude you used, according to DarkSky?
[latitude] => 0.6136
[longitude] => 52.4636
This is the answer from DarkSky in your browser: https://darksky.net/forecast/0.6136,52.4636/ca12/en
Middle of Nowhere

If you are in the UK somewhere near Brandon it should be switched.

Please do not use this type of timezone: [timezone] => Etc/GMT-3
Use one of these PHP: Europe - Manual as they will switch automatically for daylight savings time.

Wim

As others can not inspect your settings, did you enter the METAR api code in your settings?

You can check yourself all contents of the files
http://www.brecklandweather.com/pwsWD/w34_module_test.php
=> bottom left select “jsondata/metar34.txt”
==> click “List contents”

contents of "./jsondata/metar34.txt", processed as filetype "text file"
Filetime (UTC): 2019-03-29T16:40:44+00:00 which an age of 16 hrs 18 min 34 seconds

The filetimes show that the data is never refreshed.
==> click “Load files” at the bottom

w34_load_files.php (59) METAR not loaded API=ADD YOUR API KEY

The metar-api key was not entered as it still contains the default value.

Wim

HA HA, yep, definitely not there, i wish, i took the long/lat from google, i will have another look at that, thanks,
(from Your location to 52.4633865, 0.6601383) i got it from the link in the settings, but i think i had them the wrong way round and missed off the - so corrected both, so must be a waiting game for it to cache now as the popup is still the same.

I didnt notice anything about a METAR api, just adding the airport code, so i will have another look at that too, (just done it and now working) thank you

Did you see the part about the temp disappearing being only on the Dark theme? no rush as the Light theme is ok :slight_smile: thanks again for your time Wim