***closed*** weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi)

Yes the invalid data is still there, so the time fields are more or less valid.
The “garbage in” results in “garbage out” for the time field, but without large error messages.
The unexpected values are still there, but shorter

"observed":"17-02-2019 @<\/span> 12:00Z"

Second beta version April release ready for download.
Read more at and download from http://wd34.weather-template.com/beta.php

Comments welcome at HWS-template (WD34) beta test topic

Do not update the beta releases, just remove old folder and test the new one from scratch, thanks
Wim

So there is nothing I can do about it?

i assume it will go away, but I modified the script a bit and see if this removes the extra unneeded characters.

Wim

metar_popup.php.zip (7.1 KB)

That’s looking good. Thanks, Wim.

Thought I’d contact CheckWX anyway, here’s their reply:

“Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. It has been corrected.
I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for using CheckWX”

It may be that Dutch is the only language file with that phrase, it doesn’t appear, e.g., in the current French or German language files. . . I haven’t checked them all. In French and German the entries are just |language|choisir… or |language|sprache

Looks like the metar34.txt has changed again the popup gives error 500 in IE11 and edge says something about humidity and line 103 in the metar_load_funct.php it was ok early this morning
http://www.hc-iom.co.uk/pwsWD/index.php

{“results”:1,“data”:[{“icao”:“EGNS”,“name”:“Isle of Man”,“observed”:“21-02-2019 @ 16:50Z”,“raw_text”:“EGNS 211650Z 15009KT 9000 FEW006 10/08 Q1023 NOSIG”,“barometer”:{“mb”:1022.92,“hg”:30.21,“kpa”:102.29},“clouds”:[{“code”:“FEW”,“base_feet_agl”:600,“base_meters_agl”:600,“text”:“Few”}],“dewpoint”:{“celsius”:8,“fahrenheit”:46},“elevation”:{“feet”:55.77,“meters”:17},“flight_category”:“VFR”,“humidity”:{“percent”:88},“temperature”:{“celsius”:10,“fahrenheit”:50},“visibility”:{“miles”:“559”,“miles_float”:5.59,“meters”:“8,996”,“meters_float”:8996.23},“wind”:{“degrees”:150,“speed_kts”:9,“speed_mph”:10,“speed_mps”:5}}]}

Yes they changed the API and the humidity was a string “humidity”: 88, is now an array: “humidity”:{“percent”:88}

Attached new version of script for the normal release pwsWD! Do not for beta test pwsTEST.

Wim

metar_load_funct.php.zip (3.66 KB)

Metar pop-up working OK here in Chrome, Edge and IE11.

No, it’s not! Pop-up is working, humidity isn’t. . . Sorry #-o

Not anymore at 21:25 CET,
Wim

metar.jpg

Thanks Wim that sorted it, why they keep changing it is another question

+1

Still on the subject of Menu headings, I find it strange that “Settings” is headed “FIRST SETUP” because it is only FIRST the first time you use it.

I use Settings three or four times a day :slight_smile:

just a FYI
the setup from the control panel is now available without needing to create the special file
in the latest update of WD :smiley:

I use WeeWX to read data from my Vantage Pro2 using Weather Envoy and generating realtime.txt output file.
From w34_easyweatherseup February 18 beta I choose “Cumulus using realtime.txt”.
This works seemingly perfect, but Cumulus logo is displayed in lower left corner.
It would probably be more correct to honor WeeWX developers work and display their logo instead.

In w34_easyweathersetup February 18 beta when selecting language there is an option reading “Your language/country flag”
If I choose this one the Canadian flag is displayed at the bottom. All my timezone and coordinates etc. are referring to Norway.
Is there a way of overriding/choosing the correct flag?

See: http://weather.misal.com

Yes that last choice is for the “xx” flag
So if you f.i. live in Belgium you have three official languages, German, French and Dutch(Flamish)
But the Belgian flag has no language.
Same for Canada, two languages: French and English, but no language for the Canadian Flag.

Therefor if your country name is NOT listed in the dropdown, you select the last choice “Your country” and the “xx” flag is displayed.
You then find your own country flag, make a copy, rename that copy to xx.svg and your country flag will be displayed.

As long as there is no Norwegian language file, you should copy img/flags/no.svg to img/flags/xx.svg (replacing the Canadian one).
After the browser cache invalidates your Norwegian flag will be in the bottom.

This will be described in the documentation of the April release

Wim

The link for your site in your message is invalid

Yes, I have to create a few extra logo’s as clientraw.txt has become a standard on its own, and is used by other weather-programs.
Same for cumulus < > realtime.txt , used also by WeatherCat and Weewx.

Will be implemented in the April release. Needs adaptions in the index, the start-frame script and easyweather.
I am testing it already, but for now a QAD (QuickAndDdirty) modifed script to display the Weewx logo, lines 171-173

Wim

w34_index.php.zip (4.29 KB)