***closed*** weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi)

Hi bitsostring,
Thanks for that hint, but I think I already have that version.

In my monthly temp popup, the “Low” text isn’t written correctly. Which script is this and can I fix this?

You can modify it in the language file.

check here: ***closed*** weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi) - #139 by bitsostring - PWS Dashboard 2012 - Weather-Watch Forum
Wim

Thanks Wim. One other questions. I am getting way more bandwidth than I used to now that I am using W34 template. In WD, I have upload frequency set to every 5 min and station cron every 10min. I don’t get that many visitors to my website, so wasn’t sure I should be expecting this much bandwidth

IMHO an outsider like me can not know if it is high or low. And neither what is causing the “way more” bandwidth.
Be aware that when posting questions on a forum, people tend to take a look as that is the only way to help. These questions are not private 1-1 conversations but public “cries” for help.
First: Were you already running a previous version of weather34?
To at least check what is going on, I need to have the URL’s to both your previous weather34 and the current HWS-template as it is called now.
Second: If this is your first “dynamic” website:
All versions of this template are continuously refreshing the data at the browsers of the visitor. Some parts every so many seconds, others every so many minutes. Those are not large chunks of data, but it adds up when using 24/7 an iPad as a console.
Also the scripts refresh “too old” forecasts, metars, and other data files like earthquakes. Normally that will be done when the cron-job runs. But these files can be larger. You have to inspect the …/pwsWD/jsondata/ folder for files reloaded today. And check how old they are.
All files have a different validity time, a forecast once every hour, a current condition file every run of the cron-job.

Wim

Wim,
Tried your latest Beta that includes wxsim.
I have noticed a couple of small problems.

1. the Wx Alerts seem to work (NOAA) but I cannot seem to close the detail page. I guess its missing a “close” box.
  2. In the wxsim detail page, the precipitation amount in Imperial (US) is not picking up leading decimal. (ie shows 5in instead of 0.5in; 75in instead of 0.75in)
  3. In the same detail page (or maybe the main also?) there are no UV icons.

I had been using the last Beta from Brian with wxsim since the beginning and this is a welcome update. Thanks
s-p.me/wxsim

One has to click on the home button for that.

2) In the wxsim detail page, the precipitation amount in Imperial (US) is not picking up leading decimal. (ie shows 5in instead of 0.5in; 75in instead of 0.75in)
Can not check here (no rain this full week) and no URL to your test-site
3) In the same detail page (or maybe the main also?) there are no UV icons.
Already solved at: http://release230/pwsTEST/index.php Problem is that the icons are 00 - 013 and not 0 - 13? Is adapted in the scripts
I had been using the last Beta from Brian with wxsim since the beginning and this is a welcome update. Thanks
s-p.me/wxsim
As most script writers I am not clairvoyant. If you want to help with the beta release, please always supply an URL to the website.

Also check, if possible, if the problem is already solved at http://wd34.weather-template.com/pwsTEST/

Wim

Wim,
Thank you for your response. the site is: s-p.me/wxsim (shown on my post)
Another small item is the wunit (wind speed unit) in the detailed wxsim is not following the setting (Imperial) while it is in the main wxsim page.
You can see an example of the rain forecast decimal issue on the wxsim also (yes we do have some little rain).
The beta that I am using was downloaded on the 10 of this month.

Can you please unzip and replace attached script?
After a fresh upload of plaintext.txt it should show the UV ICON, the decimal-point in the rain values and the windunit.
All units are the ones from the plaintext file. The WXSIM units are not recalculated when switching from imperial to ISO units or vice-versa.
Wim

WXSIM-BETA.zip (7.47 KB)

I notice that the Menu in all versions still says “SELECT LANGAUGE” instead of “SELECT LANGUAGE”.

I couldn’t work out how to correct this in the language file, as you suggested in #78 above, I just edited line 137 of w34_menu.php

As most English language words/word-groups do not have to be translated there is no new translation-file for en.
The old structure is used in . . /languages/lang.en.php
You should remove the typo by adding this to the end of the file:

$lang['Select langauge'] = 'Select language';

In all other language files (f.i. Dutch) it is

|Select langauge|Selecteer een taal|

On the left always the words from the scripts, on the right the translation.

Typing errors for the English words should be handled by the language files.
If you changes texts in the scripts as you did, the language files for the other languages will not find the correctly spelled words.

Wim

Thanks, Wim. I obviously didn’t read your earlier instructions properly. . . all OK now.

Wim,
Thanks, that did it. Great work.

Hi Wim,

Just installed your BETA test code that includes Cumulus support.

You can see my site here… http://weather.skybase.net/pwsTEST/index.php

Everything is working except for METAR retrieval. Clicking on Current conditions → “Nearby” produces the errors below …

Warning: Illegal string offset 'observed' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 50

Warning: Illegal string offset 'raw_text' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 51

Warning: Illegal string offset 'icao' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 52

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 53

Warning: Illegal string offset 'barometer' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 54

Warning: Illegal string offset 'hg' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 54

Warning: Illegal string offset 'barometer' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 55

Warning: Illegal string offset 'mb' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 55

Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 78

Warning: Illegal string offset 'clouds' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 88

Warning: Illegal string offset 'code' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 88

Warning: Illegal string offset 'clouds' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 89

Warning: Illegal string offset 'text' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 89

Warning: Illegal string offset 'dewpoint' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 91

Warning: Illegal string offset 'celsius' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 91

Warning: Illegal string offset 'dewpoint' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 92

Warning: Illegal string offset 'fahrenheit' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 92

Warning: Illegal string offset 'temperature' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 93

Warning: Illegal string offset 'celsius' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 93

Warning: Illegal string offset 'temperature' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 94

Warning: Illegal string offset 'fahrenheit' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 94

Warning: Illegal string offset 'humidity_percent' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 95

Warning: Illegal string offset 'visibility' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 96

Warning: Illegal string offset 'meters' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 96

Warning: Illegal string offset 'wind' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 97

Warning: Illegal string offset 'degrees' in /var/www/html/pwsTEST/metar_load_funct.php on line 97
Y

The data retrieved for your airport

{"results":1,"data":["YRSI Invalid Station ICAO"]}

You entered at question "Enter your nearest airport code (XXXX) . . . " an invalid code YRSI
That airport does not exist: List of airports by ICAO code: Y - Wikipedia

Wim

Doh!
I had a dyslexic moment, it should be YSRI. :oops:

I looked at that maybe ten times and didn’t see the problem :x

thanks

Tim

Hi Wim,

Now that I’ve had a little more time to do some testing I have found the following…

In the Moon phase pop-up the text is not fitting into the boxes, bottom box edges are across the text

The acknowledgement “Design based on weather34.com” on the bottom right is off the page

The site wont run on older Safari versions i.e.

“GET /pwsTEST/index.php HTTP/1.1” 200 5870 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 9_3_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13G36 Safari/601.1”

We get an error on the iPad - see pic

Serbian flag is missing from language selection

Temperature for today pop up is not showing data, nor is any of the others. see pics

**** This appears to be intermittent since I’ve just checked it 4 hours later and there is graphs now!! ***

Today’s forecast( Friday 15th) is showing the wrong icon, should be the same icon as Saturday. It picked the right icon at 11:10am today

RFE…

Password should not be stored in cleartext in settings file, see…
http://php.net/manual/en/faq.passwords.php

Contact info popup should only show enabled methods i.e. don’t show twitter if account not configured.

Extras menu should only show configured options.

Extras menu items need config section in setup

When setting light theme, top bar stays dark.

the Fahrenheit indicator needs to move down a bit so it doesn’t crowd the menu on iPhone

Site loads tested on the following platforms …

Windows 7…
Firefox 60.5.1 ESR
Chrome 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Linux RH7.6
Firefox 60.5.0 ESR
Chrome 3.0.3683.10 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

iPhone 5S
iPhone OS 12_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

ipad V2
iPad; CPU OS 9_3_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13G36 Safari/601.1"

Nexus 7 tablet
Android 6.0.1 Chrome/70.0.3538.80

regards

Tim
http://weather.skybase.net/pwsTEST/index.php

forecast-icon-error.PNG

@all beta-test

[ul][li]Please always check if the problem occurs at the pwsTEST/ site also. I can not upload a fresh beta test version every so many hours.[/li]
[li]I opened another topic just for the beta test, I will answer your beta-test-posts there

[/ul]

Wim

I think you misunderstood the definition of “beta” test or, English is not my native language, it was me who misunderstood it.

I can only assume that your current weather-website has all these errors already solved?
But when I checked, the same remarks are there also. It would be more polite to post “wishes” in the wish-list topic.

This WD34 April version includes 3 weather-alarms, WXSIM is back, Canadian text forecast are included and about 40% of the html errors are removed. And one former WD, now WC user, wanted to continue to use so the Cumulus/WC/Weewx users can now choose between 2 versions.

For every new release of this “WD” version, all user remarks will get sorted and according to my available time, they will be implemented.

Therefor, please try to help this programmer find the errors and omissions, do not waste my time with large lists of discussion points.

Wim

P.S. :oops: #-o :oops:
Sometimes my words sound to harsh. Sorry, So as an example, it took 4 hours to modify the contact-popup (bio-popup) .
It now hides twitter if there is no twitter-account (took approx. 5 minutes).

But it also has no html errors anymore, that took 80% of the time and as I hate unnecessary info, you can remove the links also from the pop-up and that plus testing took the remaining time.

https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http://weather.skybase.net/pwsTEST/bio_popup.php => checking ends with fatal after 8 errors

https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http://wd34.weather-template.com/pwsTEST/bio_popup.php no html errors

There are still numerous CSS errors but they will be removed in the June release.
Demo: the pwsTEST/ version has the links visible. The pwsWD/ version shows no links, still the areas are clickable.

Shouldn’t there be a facebook account added also?

bio_popup.php.zip (5.63 KB)