***closed*** weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi)

Very good!
Looking forward to it.
I also noticed that MET have discontinued parts of their text forecasts due to little traffic.
https://api.met.no/weatherapi/blog/2018-12-21
However this API will still be available :
https://api.met.no/weatherapi/textforecast/1.6/documentation

Hi Wim,
Thanks a lot for the Weather Display version of the HWS Template. I don

[quote author=zitterbacke link=topic=67468.msg543404#msg543404 date=1549820596]
Hi Wim,
Thanks a lot for the Weather Display version of the HWS Template. I don

Perfect, now the flag is shown correctly :smiley:

Wim, another short question. In the temperature block (using German language setting) there is shown the term

[quote author=zitterbacke link=topic=67468.msg543407#msg543407 date=1549821508]
In the temperature block (using German language setting) there is shown the term

OK, got it. Can you plz help me with another issue. In the block Sun Moon & Space the text block within the circle is not centered and exceeds the circle respectively, at least with German language setting. Where can I fix that? I would assume in the sun_block.php, but where exactly and how?

Jens

Probably in the language file, but Wim can answer your question definitively. I am just another user :slight_smile:

Hi Wim,
can you please help me with following two issues. In the block Sun Moon & Space the text block within the circle is not centered and exceeds the circle, at least with German language setting (“Bis zum Sonnenuntergang”). Where can I fix that? The second thing is regarding the monthly and yearly temperature charts. The two graphs that are shown there are named with “High” and “Niedrige Solar Radiation”. The term “Niedrige Solar Radiation” doesn’t fit here, maybe it has to be “Minimum Temperatur” and “High” should better be named as “Maximum Temperatur”. Where can I fix it?

Jens

The translations are in languages\lang_de.txt

I didn

[quote author=zitterbacke link=topic=67468.msg543414#msg543414 date=1549833139]
I didn

Thanks, I will try it. Do you also have an idea where to find the terms that are used in the temperature charts?

No, sorry. Actually, yes:

|Low|Niedrige Solar
Radiation|

appears in lang_de.txt as well, but I advise you to wait for Wim to reply before you tackle this one, it’s not in the right place!

If you are looking for “Niedrige Solar Radiation” then it’s also in lang_de.txt.

|Low|Niedrige Solar
Radiation|

I don’t understand why you aren’t seeing these translations in your file :?

Yes, now I found it. Thanks for the hint. Obviously I didn’t read the lang_de.txt file carefully enough before. 8O

It is all in the design. All texts fits perfect when using English, that is why a lot of users only use that language.
The “not fit right” problem occurs as all texts are positioned absolute. The text start (or end) at a fixed pixel in the block.
When the translated text becomes larger it will expand to the right and can overflow at the right into other objects.
So you have to make the translation-text shorter. As I do not speak or write 6 of the 8 supported languages I do not know what would be an acceptable shortened translation for " till sunrise".
You have to find them yourself an put them in the translation file by replacing the “to long” text.

===
The high-low problem seems to be a wrong translation of the word ‘Low’
I will check into that later today when i am back home.

Wim

It looked similar to the problem I reported in Reply #138 above (***closed*** weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi) - #139 by bitsostring - PWS Dashboard 2012 - Weather-Watch Forum).

Hi Wim,
Thank you for the hint. I will try to shorten the

[quote author=zitterbacke link=topic=67468.msg543436#msg543436 date=1549910227]
to modify the