***closed*** weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi)

Somewhat off topic:

Their ‘forum’ is a mess also – a combination of a bad announcement, multiple rant-filled replies and calm responses by victoria from IBM and some shifting (over time) guidance about what will happen and especially WHEN. Originally, the announcement about the shutdown of the current WU API was done in mid-2018 for cutoff on Dec 31, 2018. It was revised to be 15-Feb-2019 as the ‘current’ date, but I strongly suspect that will also be moved as they are WAY BEHIND in offering the new API keys for the NEW API to anyone.

What is currently known:

1. the wunderground.com website showing PWS historical data is NOT CHANGING (at this time) and is NOT EFFECTED by the WU API deprecation.
  2. the new API might be used for forecasts in the future, but is not currently used for anything else by my scripts.

My direct email questions to Victoria have been promptly and satisfactorily answered.

And yet that is how they say they will inform us of what happens next. I am not talking about “multiple rant-filled replies”, the link I posted is their latest statement.

My direct email questions to Victoria have been promptly and satisfactorily answered.

So have mine. See http://discourse.weather-watch.com/

Opposite problem here in Edinburgh! DarkSky forecasts very high. . .

We do have a Met Office warning for high winds but here that means forecast gusts of 47 mph tonight/tomorrow morning. . . not 111/118 mph.

WU forecast (old version of w34, change /pws to /pwsold in home URL) added below.

DarkSky.PNG

WUforecast.PNG

Opposite problem here in Edinburgh! DarkSky forecasts very high. . .

Since I have been using the DarkSky forecasts I have noticed (in my area at least) the wind and to a lesser degree the rain forecasts have been somewhat unreliable.

I must say, I do prefer the WU forecasts, but understand the issues using this going forward.

Maybe there’s a problem with the script? I don’t see that kind of windspeed when I access the darksky website forecast for Edinburgh UK How Dark Sky users can use the Apple Weather app - Apple Support How Dark Sky users can use the Apple Weather app - Apple Support

As of now (3:34 AM GMT) I see Saturday wind forecast between 20 - 30 mph, and Sunday 10 - 20 mph

:oops: To be sure that I do not use incorrect units, I check the used units in the data from DarkSky.
But there I mistyped the settings for the UnitedKingdom and used “uk” which should have been “uk2”

So the scripts knew “for sure” that the data was in km/h. And a conversion from km/h => mph is done on the wind-data which is already in mph.
For the private version of @bitsostring / Edinburgh (he made modifications to enhance the script) change line 359 from

if ($darksky_used_unit == 'uk') 

to

if ($darksky_used_unit == 'uk2') 

For other UK users it is line 352

Wim

P.S. I did not find the reason for to-low wind-speeds (yet).

That’s better! Many thanks, Wim. (And niko!)

For other UK users it is line 352 . . .

. . . of w34_livedata.php :slight_smile:

Wim, thank you for all the great work you are doing!
Any chance of getting support for weather data from met.no?

is included on the TODO list as it is also worldwide available. But it has no text forecasts.
Which WU, EC, WXSIM and DarkSky have.
I hope it is clear soon how we can continue to use WU. After that I will include met.no and an Australian one.
Wim

Very good!
Looking forward to it.
I also noticed that MET have discontinued parts of their text forecasts due to little traffic.
https://api.met.no/weatherapi/blog/2018-12-21
However this API will still be available :
https://api.met.no/weatherapi/textforecast/1.6/documentation

Hi Wim,
Thanks a lot for the Weather Display version of the HWS Template. I don

[quote author=zitterbacke link=topic=67468.msg543404#msg543404 date=1549820596]
Hi Wim,
Thanks a lot for the Weather Display version of the HWS Template. I don

Perfect, now the flag is shown correctly :smiley:

Wim, another short question. In the temperature block (using German language setting) there is shown the term

[quote author=zitterbacke link=topic=67468.msg543407#msg543407 date=1549821508]
In the temperature block (using German language setting) there is shown the term

OK, got it. Can you plz help me with another issue. In the block Sun Moon & Space the text block within the circle is not centered and exceeds the circle respectively, at least with German language setting. Where can I fix that? I would assume in the sun_block.php, but where exactly and how?

Jens

Probably in the language file, but Wim can answer your question definitively. I am just another user :slight_smile:

Hi Wim,
can you please help me with following two issues. In the block Sun Moon & Space the text block within the circle is not centered and exceeds the circle, at least with German language setting (“Bis zum Sonnenuntergang”). Where can I fix that? The second thing is regarding the monthly and yearly temperature charts. The two graphs that are shown there are named with “High” and “Niedrige Solar Radiation”. The term “Niedrige Solar Radiation” doesn’t fit here, maybe it has to be “Minimum Temperatur” and “High” should better be named as “Maximum Temperatur”. Where can I fix it?

Jens

The translations are in languages\lang_de.txt

I didn