***closed*** weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi)

It is on the “wish-list” at *** closed*** HWS Template (WD34) Wish List to include real warnings from NOAA.
The three warning scripts (Europe/USA/Canada) are in Beta testing and will be included in the April release.

The current messages in the alert-box are based on your weather values, so “dew-point is below freezing” => icy road conditions.
The graphic warning sign “exclamation point icon” does nothing.
All ideas for enhancements please add them to the “wish-list”
Wim

Thanks, Wim.

Where do I get the path for the clientraw.txt from? In the settings screen it asks for path?

API[43] definitely not showing rain last 60 minutes, see APIrain4.

Rain today started 0430 and finished 0935, so it hadn’t rained for 8 hours when screenshot was taken. And there hasn’t been 1.6 mm rain in any one hour today.

APIrain4.JPG

So we have to ask Brian Hamilton what the meaning of that field is . I will dig into the documentation also.

This is the WDapi string as used by Brian.

=urlstring+'?d='+timestamp+'+'+tempdata+'+'+humdata+'+'+dewdata+'+'+winddata+'+'+gustdata+'+'+dirdata+'+'+rainratedata+'+'+raindata+'+'+barodata+'+'+dirdata+'+'+bftdata+'+--+'+barodata60+'+'+raindatamonth+'+'+raindatayear+'+'+raindatayesterday+'+'+intempdata+'+'+inhumdata
  +'+'+chilldata+'+'+temp60data+'+'+dailymaxtempstr+'+'+maxtemptimestr+'+'+dailymintempstr+'+'+mintemptimestr+'+'+maxavspeedstr+'+'+maxspeedtimestr+'+'+maxspeedstr+'+'+maxgusttimestr+'+'+maxdailybaro+'+'+dailyhibarostr+'+'+mindailybaro
  +'+'+dailylobarostr+'+'+mainunit.version+'+'+mainunit.version2+'+'+windmax10+'+--+--+'+uvdata+'+--+'+solardata+'+'+avtenwinddir+'+'+raintotal60+'+--+'+daynightflag+'+--+'+avtenwinddir+'+--+--+'+daylength+'+--+--+'+maxuvstr+'+'+maxdhum+'+'+maxdhumtime+'+'+mindhum+'+'+mindhumtime
  +'+'+maxdaydew+'+'+maxddewtime+'+'+mindaydew+'+'+minddewtime+'+'+temp15data+'+'+hum15data+'+'+dew15data+'+'+indoortemp15data+'+'+indoorhum15data+'+'+extratemp1+'+'+extratemp2+'+'+extratemp3+'+'+extrahum1+'+'+extrahum2+'+'+extrahum3;

When one puts 1 field at a row

'+timestamp+'
+'+tempdata+'
+'+humdata+'
+'+dewdata+'
+'+winddata+'
+'+gustdata+'
+'+dirdata+'
+'+rainratedata+'
+'+raindata+'
+'+barodata+'
+'+dirdata+'
+'+bftdata+'
+--
+'+barodata60+'
+'+raindatamonth+'
+'+raindatayear+'
+'+raindatayesterday+'
+'+intempdata+'
+'+inhumdata+'
+'+chilldata+'
+'+temp60data+'
+'+dailymaxtempstr+'
+'+maxtemptimestr+'
+'+dailymintempstr+'
+'+mintemptimestr+'
+'+maxavspeedstr+'
+'+maxspeedtimestr+'
+'+maxspeedstr+'
+'+maxgusttimestr+'
+'+maxdailybaro+'
+'+dailyhibarostr+'
+'+mindailybaro+'
+'+dailylobarostr+'
+'+mainunit.version+'
+'+mainunit.version2+'
+'+windmax10+'
+--
+--
+'+uvdata+'
+--
+'+solardata+'
+'+avtenwinddir+'
+'+raintotal60+'
+--
+'+daynightflag+'
+--
+'+avtenwinddir+'
+--
+--
+'+daylength+'
+--
+--
+'+maxuvstr+'
+'+maxdhum+'
+'+maxdhumtime+'
+'+mindhum+'
+'+mindhumtime+'
+'+maxdaydew+'
+'+maxddewtime+'
+'+mindaydew+'
+'+minddewtime+'
+'+temp15data+'
+'+hum15data+'
+'+dew15data+'
+'+indoortemp15data+'
+'+indoorhum15data+'
+'+extratemp1+'
+'+extratemp2+'
+'+extratemp3+'
+'+extrahum1+'
+'+extrahum2+'
+'+extrahum3;

First field has a space in it, so it counts as field[ 0 ] and [ 1 ] Field [ 43 ] has the label +raintotal60+
Wim

raintotal60 is the rain total 1 hour ago

I was provided with only what the custom tags names were from what meteohub was putting out and so it was not easy to try and figure out what everything should or should not have been

I had been experimenting with increased text size in Chrome browser settings and realised that it seems to affect the data-box outline size (not text size) in metar and earthquake pop-up windows too.

The metar attachment shows the result: metar2 is at default text size.

All boxes and locations are using pixel addressing. When you increase the text-size the text will not fit as the box will not grow.
Use the Chrome built in resize where you can enlarge the whole window, not only the text.
I have no English Chrome available now, it is in my dutch version the fourth menu entry where you can enlarge the total window, not only the text-size.

Attached image, left chrome in large size, right FF in normal size.
With both sizes the text fits.
Wim

Thanks, Wim, zoom function works well.

Trouble is, when one reaches a certain age one thinks that enlarging the text might be the generic answer to one’s viewing problems :wink:

Have you found the windows magnifier it my help
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11542/windows-use-magnifier

Wow! I don’t quite need that much, thanks!

It appears the tags being used in w34 for rain are incorrect for last hour rain. The monthly is also wrong but that is an issue with WD not correctly reporting data until the first day of a month is over…but the last hour rain as shown in the WD screen is correct. Is w34 able to access the Clientrawhour.txt file to grab info?

wd34rain.png

wd_rain.png

Weather forecast from Darksky is not working properly.
The API key is correct and I can see from my account page on their website that my installation is pulling the API about 80 - 100 times a day.
Still, the information shown is not up to date. See attached picture.

It is impossible to check what is happening when there is no link to the website.

Wim

Sorry, I forgot to add url!
Try this one:
new-weather.meisal.com:82

There is one script to load all external data:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/weather/public_html/w34_load_files.php:201 
Stack trace: #0 /home/weather/public_html/w34_load_files.php(50): fnctn_load_file() 
#1 /home/weather/public_html/_test.php(4): include('/home/weather/p...') 
#2 {main} thrown in /home/weather/public_html/w34_load_files.php on line 201

Your own private PHP should support CURL to load the data from external sites.

I do not know which script is successfully accessing and using the DarkSky data 80-100 times a day.
All external accesses for “HWS-template for WD” should pass through this script.

For future problems you could make a info.php script available on your site. I attach this 1 line script,

Wim

info.php.zip (179 Bytes)

Thank you Win.
info.php added

Yes there is a problem. For clientraw it seems correct during the day, but not just after midnight, and when using the adapted script. WDapi fails also.

I think that “Rain last hour” is a nice-to-have but non-essential value. It is not available in some other w34-versions. It was inserted as it was available from a Meteobridge-tag. Maybe we should drop that value.

If users want that value, we first have to define what it should contain: Assume it is now 10:15.
Do we want a “last-hour” => from 1 minute ago to 60 minutes ago: 09:15 => 10:14, that is how I try to calculate it from clientraw’s 60 minutes fields.
Or “previous-hour” : 09:00 => 10:00, what i expected from the Wd-api
That value should also not be reset at 24:00 hours.

Maybe some active WD and HWS-user could ask Brian to check this out and how we can have a real “last-hour”
No problem to use another clientraw file for that, as long as the user it is uploading, but is would be nice to have the same value for clientraw and for Wdapi.

Wim

There is indeed no CURL-support in your PHP.
Is should be in your php info as in the attached screenshot
You have to add that in your php config otherwise no external files can be loaded when using these scripts.

Wim

curl.jpeg

Thank