***closed*** weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi)

Let us know when you feel ready for more “wish list” suggestions :slight_smile:

I forgot to tell, there is already a “wish list” topic in Dutch for the “locals” .
If the “wish” also contains a screenshot or an URL it would be helpfull.

Please make a wish list topic in English also here on the forum.
That way the wishes do not get lost in the installation questions in this topic.

Wim

Should be a nice addition to the pwsWD package.

Today I enabled the “extra” menu and checked out the available options. I have no idea what it showed me. What I do know is that when I click on the link it is opening "Startpagina - Leuven-Sluispark and I have no idea where these links are set or how to edit them.

I am frustrated trying to figure out how to edit the files so my site displays what I want to show my visitors, and, making sure that what I show is the correct data. Having the easy weather setup is a fantastic idea, but it seems to me to be lacking code for all sections of the site.

New thread opened here.

This is to much data for easyweathersetup as you can add as menu entries as you want.
There is always to much or far to less documentation. This is the first new release and this topic helps me to find the proper balance.
Check this readme http://wd34.weather-template.com/documentation/WD34-questions.pdf
Scroll to => Menu options => Display Extra links in Menu (default false)
If you want to include extra pages in the menu, you can use a standard iFrame script.
The supporting script is w34_frames.php where you setup the links to the extra page(s) you want to use.
You can add as menu entries as you want, they are all shown with a link in the menu and when click appear in an iframe in the middle of the page. You have set the name of the page in the menu
The URL which should go into the Iframe
The height of the iframe

#  these are examples, please use your own ones
$frame                  = 'EWN_mesonet';
$frm_ttls[$frame]       = lang('European Weather Network');  // name in menu
$frm_src[$frame]        = 'https://www.weerstation-herent.be/ewn/stations.php?lang='.$used_lang;
$frm_hgth[$frame]       = 1500;  // length =  height of frame

Wim

Here is a sample of the code which I know isn’t going to make much sense because the parser uses config statements in order to work. It’s almost a language by itself. In order to even run this code, you would need to get the paid version of the parser https://www.geckotribe.com/rss/carp/ because it uses plugins that are not available with the free version.

.h2 { font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: bold; color:white; text-align: center; } .h3 { font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: bold; color:#cc0000; text-align: center; } .h4 { font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 8pt; font-weight: bold; } .feedbox { width:500px; border:1px solid blue; border-radius: 10px; background:#cccccc; padding:5px; } .feedbox div { background:black; width:490px; border:1px solid #808080; border-radius: 10px; padding:2px; text-align: left; } .feedbox a { text-decoration:none; } .tornado a { color:#ff0000; } .thunder a { color:#ffa500; } .flashflood a { color:#fd6347; } .tsunami a { color:#fd6347; } .hurricane1 a { color:#cd5c5c; } .hurricane2 a { color:#ff0000; } .storm a { color:#ee82ee; } .blizzard a { color:#ff4500; } .ice a { color:#ff00ff; } .heavysnow a { color:#ee82ee; } .tropical a { color:#ff00ff; } .winter a { color:#ff69b4; } .flood1 a { color:#7cfc00; } .sleet a { color:#87ceeb; } .flood2 a { color:#00ff00; } .highwind a { color:#ffd700; } .lakesnow a { color:#ee82ee; } .heat a { color:#ff4500; } .redflag a { color:#ff1493; } .windchill a { color:#b0c4de; } .avalanche a { color:#87cefa; } .dust a { color:#ffe4c4; } .freeze a { color:#00ffff; } .gale a { color:#dda0dd; } .marine a { color:#db7093; } .spray a { color:#00bfff; } .quake a { color:#f4a460; } .local a { color:#ffb6c1; } .nuke a { color:#ffff00; } ---snip ---
<?php

require_once “/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxx/carp/carp.php”;

CarpConfReset();

// Show 9999 items
CarpConf(‘maxitems’,9999);

// set the CSS classes of the channel and item links
CarpConf(‘clinkclass’,‘h2’);
CarpConf(‘ilinkclass’,‘h4’);

// surround the item link with a DIV
CarpConf(‘bctitle’,‘

’);
CarpConf(‘actitle’,‘
’);

function ShowCapStuff($initem, $fieldname, $itemindex, $itemnumber, $valuearray, $returnvalue) {
$p=&$GLOBALS[‘carpconf’][‘rssparser’];
$target=$p->GetFieldValue(‘areaDesc’);
return "$target
";
}
CarpMapField(‘areadesc’,‘cap:areaDesc’);
CarpConf(‘iorder’, ‘link’);
CarpRegisterCallback(‘’,‘ShowCapStuff’,‘handlefield’,‘capstuff’);

// CarpConf(‘iorder’,‘link,desc’);
CarpConf(‘cborder’,‘’);
// CarpConf(‘cborder’,‘link’);
// CarpConf(‘cborder’,‘link,date,desc’);
CarpConf(‘linktarget’,1);

CarpConf(‘bcdate’,'Last Update: ‘);
CarpConf(‘acdate’,’

');
CarpConf(‘cdateformat’,‘M j Y \a\t g:i a T’);

CarpLoadPlugin(‘replacetext.php’);

ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Tornado Warning.)
$’, ‘

\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Severe Thunderstorm Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Flash Flood Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Tsunami Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.(Inland Hurricane|Hurricane Force) Wind Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Hurricane Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Storm Warning.)
$', ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Blizzard Warning.)
$’, ‘<div class=“blizzard”">\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Ice Storm Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Heavy Snow Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Tropical Storm Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Winter Storm Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, '^(.
(Coastal|Lakeshore) Flood Warning.*)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.High Surf Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Sleet Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);
ReplaceTextConf(1, ‘link’, 1, ‘^(.Flood Warning.)
$’, ‘
\1
’);

— snip —

ReplaceTextConf(1,‘link’,0,‘warnings or advisories’,‘warnings or advisories for San Francisco Bay Shoreline/CAZ508’);

CarpConf(‘cacheinterval’,5); // refresh the cache every 5 mins
CarpConf(‘maxcdesc’,1);
CarpConf(‘maxidesc’,0);
CarpConf(‘maxititle’,0);
CarpConf(‘maxctitle’,0);

// Display it
CarpCacheShow(“Current Watches, Warnings and Advisories for San Francisco Bay Shoreline (CAZ508) California Issued by the National Weather Service”);
?>

Problem in earthquake block: magnitude 5.1 in red is not easily legible in orange circle. See snip Earthquake, viewed in Chrome.

A little later it’s OK - see Earthquake2 - for magnitude <5?

Earthquake.JPG

Earthquake2.JPG

:smiley: Thank you, that is a nice catch.
I will have to test all combinations for back-ground- and text-color.
Wim

how to get the :
DarkSkyForecast
script to include it in:
w34 frames.php
Thank you

The only thing you can include is an url. So you have to go tot their site, choose settings for lang and untis a.s.o., copy from the address line, example How Dark Sky users can use the Apple Weather app - Apple Support
Then put that in the frames script.

Or use a link of your other website such as this forecast:
http://www.meteotorrelavega.com/weather28/index.php?p=wsWxsimPrintFull&lang=en&ipad

Wim

Another one I’ve noticed is the small “Indoor temp” bubble in the main temp block, where white lettering of that small size doesn’t show up well on some of the background colours.

[I have actually modified mine to show extratemp1 from the garden instead of indoor temp, and set the background to be blue for any temp. Blame Google Translate for any bad translations of “Garden”!]

Thank you Wim

IMPORTANT
Please do not mail / PM BrianUnderdown about this version. This WD version of the HWS-template is based on a november 2017 version. Plus I changed the logic of the PHP code (not the CSS / SVG) and how blocks are addressed and loaded.
It took 1 1/2 month all my spare time, and I am retired.

So for Brian this code is totally different from his new code. He does not want to offend people who ask him about this version. But he really can not give the answers needed.

The whole idea is to have different versions and each version has another person responsible for maintenance and support.
If you want to mail to Brian buy a Meteobridge first and discuss that version.

BUT do not compare versions. There is really not much code left of the 2017 version I started with.
Do not ask him to port a block from the MB version to the Wd version. Ask me.

Brian asked me to remove all links (URL’s) to weather34 from the code, and that is the first thing I will do tomorrow.

Wim

f I put this page in the browser:
http://www.meteotorrelavega.com/weather28/index.php?p=wsWxsimPrintFull&lang=en&ipad
I get it right
but if I execute it through:
http://www.meteotorrelavega.com/pwsWD/w34_start_frame.php?frame=WXSIM
I get the whole full page of weather 28
any suggestions
Thank you

Thanks for that info. Another piece of my puzzle figured out :oops:

When there is a problem like this, you could have made a typing error, or your keybord is “kaput”
This is the link used, there is an extra p at the end
http://www.meteotorrelavega.com/weather28/index.php?p=wsWxsimPrintFull&amp;lang=es&amp;ipadsp

Wim

Thanks…if I already owned carp I would try it, but I don’t…

Helo Wim
Noticed the wind data refresh is about 30 seconds. How can i decrease the clientraw refresh interval?

Thanks.

http://www.llanelliweather.co.uk

Is that not set in WD?

Also when i click on nearby on current conditions i get lots of warning messages...

Working OK here for EGFF.

Thanks Bitsostring

Just checked the local and now working???
Strange.

In the old weather 34 software there was an option to alter the refresh rate. Wait for Wim to see the question

Thanks