***closed*** weather34 for WeatherDisplay (clientraw and WDapi)

Sorry, do I add that to lang_extra.txt?

No to lang.en.php if you use English.
It should look like

$lang['Select langauge'] = 'Select language';

I did not redo the English file as most untranslated words are in English.
The typing errors should be added to the english file in the PHP way as in the original weather34.

sorry, Wim

The chrome screenshot looks acceptable.
And yes edge. I do not know how much more differences will show with the very complex css which is used
At least microsoft will build a new Edge using the chromium engine and then these problems will fade away.
As soon as Brians new css can be used I will start testing with edge also.

Wim

Thank you, again!

Can’t wait :slight_smile:

How hard would it be to incorporate this image onto the webpage? WD is already creating the files, and I don’t care if it links to anything, but I would like to display the watches and warnings box to show visitors there is an active watch or warning for our area.

wxwarn.png

I am new to trying this template, so please bear with my new user questions. I have gone through the various instruction sheets (thank you for the details for WD setup) and have a couple questions.

#1–I have registered for the Dark Sky key and inserted it. I see from there site that a 1000 queries per month are free. How many does this program request? One/hour? Is there a frequency to select so I don’t get billed?

#2–I have in the upper right corner a “Current Conditions” Block the third over. Right now it is linked to Brussels, and yet I have entered as my nearest airport the KEAU which I not only got from other sources and knew was accurate, but also was the one presented when I searched the link for the nearest airport designation.

Is there some way to update that block so it doesn’t reflect what the conditions are at Brussels?

#3–One of the users of this template directed me to investigate this template when I asked in the Weather-Watch forum if there were a command string for custom text output from Weather Display to include the sun elevation and azimuth, among the numerous other data points Brian Hamilton provides through that program. He said as of now, there isn’t a command to output those values, and a user said that Weather34 does indicate the real time elevation and azimuth for the sun.

Indeed it does, and I assume the program generates those values based on my latitude, longitude and time. But seeing them on the screen and getting those numbers to use in other things that I want to do are two different things. Is there an ‘output’ available from Weather34 to read those numbers for use in other programs? Is there a matrix or database that can be read by other software to extract those numbers, or does the template just generate and display them in that block?

Thank you and it is a very fun and solid program to deal with, even with my inexperience.
Dale

WD is IMHO not creating the files behind that message. Those are server side scripts from @Curly maintained by Ken True for the Saratoga template. And they are suitable for the US only. And maybe they need to be changed with the upcoming NWS cutover.

Canada and Europe use totally different sources for the data as do some other larger countries.

In all cases, if there is a “WeatherDsiplay”-tag in the WD-taglist is is relative easy to use it.
Writing extra scripts and then adding them to the moving target “weather34” is a daunting task.
But I will put in on the " list with wishes " for the next releases.

Wim

How Dark Sky users can use the Apple Weather app - Apple Support : The allowed free calls with DarkSky are 1,000 API calls for free each day. All external information loaded in this template is cached, in this case in pwsWD/jsondata/ It is refreshed when needed. For Darksky the allowed age is 24 minutes when using a cronjob. Total calls / day even with multiple languages will be far below the allowed maximum.

#2–I have in the upper right corner a “Current Conditions” Block the third over. Right now it is linked to Brussels, and yet I have entered as my nearest airport the KEAU
. . . . shortened . . . Is there some way to update that block so it doesn’t reflect what the conditions are at Brussels?
You should also apply for a “CheckWX Metar API KEY you need to sign up” nearly at the bottom of easyweather
#3–One of the users of this template directed me to investigate this template when I asked in the Weather-Watch forum if there were a command string for custom text output from Weather Display to include the sun elevation and azimuth,
. . . shortened . . .
Is there a matrix or database that can be read by other software to extract those numbers, or does the template just generate and display them in that block?
That is a mix of PHP and javascripts, some very old. All data is generated on the fly. Even touching them is not advised.
Thank you and it is a very fun and solid program to deal with, even with my inexperience.
Dale

good morning

*important please note weather34 does not offer any support for this weather display version so please no more emails .Much of the code/structure has been completely re-written by Wim van der Kuil and this structure of code is not something Im familiar with and none of the code resembles any versions from Meteobridge or Cumulus so therefore it is important you raise your issues , ideas to Wim van der Kuil not weather34 to get a positive outcome . Wim van der Kuil has done a remarkeable re-write of the template to be used with weather display in a very short time and remember other versions like meteobridge and cumulus were designed and coded to be developed alongside each other continuously to make it easy to maintain and implement ideas across those versions where possible.Many of the current features,display seen in the meteobridge ,cumulus versions are not fully compatible with this version they require a lot of re-writing due to the differences in code structure. The weather display version I last worked on was in Novemebr 2017 since then it recieved no significant updates or major improvements so I think where Wim has got it today in such a short period is an achievement itself and I encourage you all to work with him constructively and collaborate.

sometime in the future I will try and liase with Wim to add similar features as seen in the current meteobridge version if required if not i still think where he has got it today is a great platform for further enhancements .but thats something for the future and choose a suitable period thats suits both of us right now too many other things going on .

screenshot of meteobridge version as of today…

brian

Shortly after I did that the DarkSky, CheckWX and WU uploads stopped working. Apparently w34_load_files.php needs a line added to make it use the proxy server in my setup. . . now I know that, I can watch out for any more updates to that script and make the necessary addition!

Fair enough.

The tag is - $NOAAEvent = ‘%NOAAEvent%’ ; // NOAA Watch/Warning/Advisory

Do you have real life content of that tag? It seems to be only a string? This is the description I found in taglist.txt

%NOAAEvent%.................if you have setup the Noaa warning system (if no warning, then it will be NO CURRENT ADVISORIES)

Wim

Hi there,

Great work with the Weather34 for WD with API!

Is there a Danish translation underway or should i give it a try?

BR
Stephan

Well maybe another Danish person is doing it, but I do not know of it. It is not a lot of work but after the first batch, new untranslated words will pop-up. Some weather-descriptions come from outside sources and all possibile words are not known yet.

So give it a try, maybe other Danish users can help?

Wim

Just for info/idea, I was able to include the advisory scripts that I have been using on my main site for years with no problem. These scripts were created separately using a third party RSS/Atom feed parser and not part of the Saratoga/Curly advisory scripts. As far as any impact from any NWS cutover goes, I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

http://ucweather.org/pwsWD/

Looks great…wish I was smart enough to know how to code that into my site. I can’t even figure out what file I would need to edit in the pwsWD directory to even attempt this mod. Would you mind sharing your code so I could get some ideas?

There will be a “alerts.weather.gov” advisory box and a “meteoalarm.eu” box in the April (2019-04-01) version.
The “alerts.weather.gov” version will use this feed: https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwaatmget.php?x=CAZ095&y=0
The “meteoalarm.eu” version will use: https://www.meteoalarm.eu/documents/rss/nl.rss

The “alerts.weather.gov” feed is already used in the Leuven-Template, but as always, one needs some time to test and integrate it in the other scripts.

Have had no indication that the “alerts.weather.gov” is affected by any planned change.

Wim

Let us know when you feel ready for more “wish list” suggestions :slight_smile:

I forgot to tell, there is already a “wish list” topic in Dutch for the “locals” .
If the “wish” also contains a screenshot or an URL it would be helpfull.

Please make a wish list topic in English also here on the forum.
That way the wishes do not get lost in the installation questions in this topic.

Wim

Should be a nice addition to the pwsWD package.

Today I enabled the “extra” menu and checked out the available options. I have no idea what it showed me. What I do know is that when I click on the link it is opening "Startpagina - Leuven-Sluispark and I have no idea where these links are set or how to edit them.

I am frustrated trying to figure out how to edit the files so my site displays what I want to show my visitors, and, making sure that what I show is the correct data. Having the easy weather setup is a fantastic idea, but it seems to me to be lacking code for all sections of the site.