Precip not working as should issues

Hi Guys, My weather site seems to be having an isue with my Precip.
The “last 7 Days” has always shown .06 for the last 3 weeks even though we had roughly 1.5 inches on Dec 28th
Also the Dec Avg doesn’t change even when I go into last years Dec '17 and enter it in (no matter how much I enter)
The Diff from Avg also isn’t working correctly.

I did a copy an paste below…

Rain Today
rain graph

Today: 0.00 in
Yesterday: 0.00 in
Last 7 Days: 0.06 in
Dec Rain: 5.18 in
Dec Avg: 0.39 in
Diff from Avg: Under 4.82 mm for the month 0.19 in
Season:1 59.70 in
Last YTD:1 0.00 in
Last Rain
Time/Date: 28-Dec-2018
at 5:00 PM
48 rain days in 2018
4 days in December
1 day since last rain

Anybody have any idea whats wrong and how to fix this?

-Rich

maybe check your template file , that those custom tags are there OK

does the data look OK in WD itself

OK So I found that WD Software seems to have the correct data for the rainfall avg, last 7 days etc.
Its when it gets inputted to the log file or on the web site where the data isnt being shown properly.
I tried switching to the standard dashboard and it still inst showing the data correctly.

So my question is…

Where does WD Software store the rain data locally (file name)?
Also, what file does this data get sent to the web server in, clint raw??

what is the actual custom that that is the problem?

The issue I’m finding is with the last 7 days, and the monthly avg.

For example we had .56 rain on 12/31 and .15 on 01/01, yet
the last 7 days shows 0.09

For the monthly Avg, I go into the rain chart and and enter in last years rain for Jan which is (3.10)
(avg for the month) here, and it shows .12 for the avg on my site

Any Ideas?

that though does not answer my Q
also note the difference between entering an actual rain total for an actual month
and then instead average for that month

I think were getting off track here somehow on the issue I’m having with the Site…

Well this time my station has only been up and running since Aug 2018 (New Location)

so I have no metric data from Jan 2018. So I recorded in the amount of rainfall for Jan 2018
which is the Avg we should receive, so this way WD should use this data as the Avg for the month of Jan 2019
Does this make better sense?

The real issue here is why doesn’t WD show the correct data on my Site?

For example we had .56 rain on 12/31 and .15 on 01/01 (both of which are less then 7 days away),
yet the last 7 days shows 0.09 of rainfall on the site???

The Avg for the Month is the other issue, I had it working before Dec 2018. For example if I recorded the Avg rainfall as last years Oct data,
it was using this as the Avg for the month for this year since there was no other previous data for WD to use.

So can you see my issue I’m having with the website? Do tiy have any ideas what would be causing this???

http://Staggerweather.com

what are the custom tags you are using?
also make sure you using the latest version of WD

does the data look OK in WD? (it has to be OK there to be OK on your web site)

OK I did some digging and checked my data thru the WD Parser and found the data WD is sending up too the site is correct.

So I had prev setup a test site thru a free webhost, sent the current clientraw files to this server and the dashboard is working as should.

So now I no the issue is on the webserver side and not with WD software.

Also now I have a much better understanding how the files work and how the site interprets the data.

Thank you for your help!