AQ.gif

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is a bug or I’m doing something wrong.

My web page uses both aqi.gif and aqichart.gif, the chart always changes an reflects the true readings but aqi.gif dial often stays with the same reading as if it isn’t getting updated. If I delete the file from the WD webfiles folder it generally fixes the issue for a while and then (apparently) it randomly stalls again.

I am using a Luftdaten particulate sensor but haven’t enabled the temp/hum readings, the station is a Davis VP2 and the PC is using WD 10.37S84 on WIN 10.

Any clues, please?

Thanks
Nick

does the modified time/date on the file in the WD web files folder change?

No, it stays at the date and time first created. The same is true of aqichart.gif but the data on that changes correctly.

if the data on the aqichart.gif is changing then the modified date/time on the file must be changing

Hi Brian,

See attached screen grab of the webfiles folder, the date for the chart hasn’t changed since I set it up, aqi.gif has changed because I deleted it to get it updating again. I can’t explain what it happening but it is. To see the web page updating look here Air Quality Today in Eastbourne

Cheers
Nick

you need to set windows folder options to show modified date/time
not initial create date/time (which it is currently)
also set to not hide known file extensions is a good idea too

ok Brian, done that to show both creation and modified date, see attached screen grab (show hidden was already ticked). I’ve also done a screen grab of the web page taken at the same time, the aqichart shows correct time and AQI at about 25 but the AQI dial shows about 50.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Nick

it would be good if you have folder options to show the file extension
also the screen shot does not show if the modified time is a recent time (i,e your local time is not shown)
at least it looks current time
yes?

Yes it was current time

so the file is actually being updated OK despite you saying it was not?

I hadn’t realised the folder date display issue but even so the dial does not update with the same AQI is the chart. The chart will change but the dial does not, so I still think it isn’t being updated. If you look at the web page screen shot, the dial reads differently to the chart and the chart had changed during the day but the dial didn’t.

if you go to view, purple air
is the dial up to date there?

No that’s out as well. See attached screen dump, the graph and numbers show AQI at 36.4 but the dial shows around 50 and hasn’t changed since the screen dump yesterday.

if you could email me your settings file
wdisplay.ini
and your airquality files ,airquality.txt ,airquality2.txt, airquality3.txt
i will do some testing/checking here

ok will do

using your settings file and the raw data file
the gauge shows the correct aqi reading

are you using build 85?
do you see any errors under view, program event log?

Oh how odd, no I’m on build 84, I hadn’t spotted 85 was out I’ll update and see if that makes a difference.

Yes there are errors ERROR: Access violation at address 00000000 in module ‘weatherdisplay.exe’. Read of address 00000000 System.SysUtils at time/date 15:11:23:695 28/12/2018
ERROR: Cannot create file “C:\wdisplay\webfiles\aqi.gif”. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process System.Classes at time/date 21:40:9:104 29/12/2018
Cannot create file “C:\wdisplay\webfiles\aqichart.gif”. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
ERROR: Access violation at address 00000000 in module ‘weatherdisplay.exe’. Read of address 00000000 System.SysUtils at time/date 8:14:42:933 31/12/2018