WD or PurpleAir Problem?

I didn’t know where to put this but, a few days ago I noticed that the graphs for PS1 and PS10 on the WD generated chart suddenly flatlined at around 12:05. I tried restarting WD, that didn’t work and rebooting the PC didn’t work either. i haven’t made any changes to the PurpleAir setup and I have Use Local Data (PM1 and PM10) checked in setup. As far as I can tell from the PurpleAir map, data is being generated for PM1 and PM10 but somehow it is not showing on the WD generated graph. I am running WD version 10.37S Build 84. The WD generated graph and related PurpleAir graphs are attached.

aqichartfltline.gif

Couple more graphs attached.

I did make some improvements to the purple air support so I would be using the latest update
then if it happens again then email me the airquality.txt and airquality2.txt files

Will do. Thanks a lot, Brian.

Brian, installing the latest update didn’t solve the problem, PM1 and PM10 still flatlined. I emailed the requested files and latest aqichart.gif to you. One thing that is curious is that airquality.txt has the creation date of December 27 whereas airquality2.txt has the current date (December 29). Is that normal?

I tested here with the files you sent me and the pm1.0 and pm10.0 data was picked up OK by WD

Well this is really weird. Suddenly, the PM1 and PM10 graphs started showing again and I didn’t do a thing. For whatever it’s worth, here is the Puirpleair setup. I guess we can close this problem pending recurrence.

you might have sent me the files when it started working again?
(i.e send me those files if it flat lines again?)

Okay will do. Thanks a lot for your help, Brian.

Happy New Year!

Brian,

The graphs for PM1 and PM10 have flatlined again and stuck on the same numbers (PM1

WD is picking up the value in the airquality.txt file you have sent me OK
(you can check that yourself)
if that is not changing (and the current time etc in that file is) then its not a WD problem

I just checked the last modified date/time of airquality.txt and it is showing 1/1/2019 4:24 AM which is the time it stopped updating. The date/time showing in airquality.txt is DateTime":“2019/01/01T12:24:17z” and has not changed. So you are saying that if the date/time in airquality.txt hasn’t changed it is a Purpleair problem? Would that be because WD hasn’t received the new values for PM1 and PM10 from Purpleair? Airquality2.txt seems to be updating okay with the current date/time.

Edit: It just started updating again. Update date and time in airquality.txt is now DateTime":"2019/01/02T05:46:16z and the graphs on aqichart.gif have updated.

aqichart3.gif

Hi I’m using the Luftdaten sensors but I think the same would apply. I have found that if the sensor stops sending (so it cannot send zero values) the json file does not update so the translation to airquality.txt files presumably uses the same json values although the aq file time is changing. As far as I can see the json file does not have a time stamp so there is no way of telling if it is out of date. So my guess is a sensor/network problem not WD
Regards
Alan