Query on future of consolewd in RPi context

Would consolewd be capable of creating the same html files as the Windows WD GUI does in some possible future?

Been using wd on WinXP for years in a remote location, but need to move to RPi. consolewd worked fine on RPi otherwise.

Cheers

consolewd can be set to create custom web page files using custom tags
just like the windows version
what specificly do you have in mind?

Sorry Brian, been quite a while I looked at WD up close, so I really meant the gifs as per attached. It isn’t obvious consolewd on RPi after having read the few articles on the subject. Perhaps I missed something and it can already do so?

ah, you mean the screen shot
I do have the program
wdpi
which is a graphical gui program
that looks a bit like the windows version
and get the data via the clientraw.txt file

I would need to investigate if I can do a screen shot from that

…and a tad more than the screen shot, for instance the moon/sun (attached).

I had tried wdpi, but got a gtk failure. I’ll work it further…

Thank you

sunmoonimage.gif

If you want the features of the gui version, why not use that version instead of the console version?

Brian, the scant info I found suggest that RPi can only take the console. If that isn’t the case, I’ll certainly try it.

Can I copy the wdisplay ini from the Windows run to the RPi?

Cheers and thank you

re the WDPI program
and the errors
that sounds like you might be missing some GDK drivers etc

re the wdisplay.ini
that is not compatible directly
consolewd is setup via the config.txt
it then does have its own .ini file after that too though (e.g for all time records…things like that are compatible)

…and I misunderstood once more. I thought you were referring to the Linux GUI as another alternative, but I gather you are referring to wdpi in all cases. I’ll work the errors first.
[post edit - did not notice Niko also jumped in, so then I must ask to be certain - is the GUI the Linux load or Wdpi? my understanding is the linux GUI is not Rpi compatible]

there are 2 GUI versions
a normal linux version (for desktop linux running on a normal CPU (x386 type)
which has a lot more functionality

then there is wdpi gui version,for the raspberry pi which shows the data gathered by consolewd in a graphical way

Thank you Brian, that is what I understood from the outset and why I posted.

You quote that wdpi looks somewhat like the full version on windows, but does it create gifs? Apologies, still have not managed to get it wdpi to run - will try some more.

Cheers

wdpi was always functional, I had started it with sudo is why it had failed. Attached is a proper output.

The Davis data logger is read by consolewd, and the GUI is responding to the raw file, indeed the receive ‘LED’ is flashing green, but the data quality LED is not, so the count is not incrementing and therefore no graphing, although the live data is correctly displayed in wdpi (dials).

That said, I presume wdpi doesn’t create any web files (re: gif) that I could upload. Is it a possible future feature?

Cheers

if you change it to metric units, does it then graph ok, etc?

Changing to metric does not correct the graphing issue. However there is a gdk get size failure, related? see attached. Note that I don’t have a monitor attached to the Rpi, but am remote desktop with xrdp on WinXP.

Other matter, ‘I would need to investigate if I can do a screen shot from that’, please do post when you do, thank you.

Much appreciated.

do not worry about those errors

so the graphing works when metric is selected but not otherwise
I will need to investigate that

Brian, the graphing did not work in metric either. Isn’t the data quality the problem? I do have Davis extra sensors (solar, extra temps, etc)?

Perhaps I misunderstood where to set it in metric, I thought you meant in the wdpi setup, but now I see the config.txt has some of it as well. I took the tar ball unmodified from your download.

Cheers

i do mean in the wdpi setup

I have the same problem and have posted it elsewhere instead of here…sorry!

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/58747