Configuration for PurpleAir Sensor

I am trying to setup my PurpleAir sensor so that data will be recorded in Weather Display for Mac Build 307. I have been unsuccessful in getting this to work. When I press the test button, nothing happens. I have looked in my webfiles directory and do not see any files starting with AQI. What am I doing wrong?

i do not think the sensor ID is correct
it should be just a number

If you’re having trouble finding the ID, I looked it up in https://map.purpleair.org/json file and I believe these are your IDs: {“ID”:20766,“ParentID”:20765,“Label”:"3DAdams Weather

20765 (A sensor ID) is what you want to use in the WD PurpleAir setup. 20766 is the B sensor ID.

Has the map changed? I thought it used to be really easy to see the numeric ID but when I looked yesterday I saw what looked like the MAC :?

Harry,
Thanks for finding my ID. I found it at about the same time. I have replaced the MAC address with the ID. It is still not working. I have attached another screenshot. I also tried 20766 with the same results. I can access the data directly by typing in http://192.168.1.202/json, so I am sure the station is working. Also the Map changes. Do I have to turn something on somewhere else in the configuration?

Thanks for all the help everyone is giving.

Don

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 8.54.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 8.54.13 AM.png

HI
sorry, just checked, I had not hooked up the test button to do anything
but the cronairquality program should be running
to get the raw data
try running that in a terminal window to see if any error message

Brian,
If I understand correctly, there should be a cronairquality file in the weatherdisplay package. I have looked in Contents/Resources path in the weatherdisplay application and do not see a cronairquality, but I do see a cronpurpleair.app. If I double-click this file in the finder, it appears to start up, but does not continue to run. I cd into the same location in a terminal and I get a command not found when trying to run the app by typing in cronpurpleair or cronpurpleair.app. After I double clicked on the cronpurpleair from the finder, I now have data showing up in the PurpleAir View Panel. The cronpurpleair program does not stay running. It terminates immediately. Is it possible that you have the wrong name for the program that gets the data from PurpleAir?

Thanks Don

p.s. No apology needed.

oh, yes, that looks like the problem, I am running the wrong named file
I will upload a fix

new update ready :slight_smile:

Thanks Brian. That solved the problem. I have another issue trying to get mysql working. I will start another post for that.

Thanks,

Don