WD reset after crash

My Dell laptop on which I run WD had an unresponsive, black screen this morning. I had to hard reset it. When restarted, I started WD and it asked which language, which I found strange. I selected English. No data showed on the WD screen. Rebooted…same thing. All the previous weather data is there in the logs, but it’s like WD reset itself with no memory of my Davis VP 2 station. How do I get back to the original settings without going through a full setup (of which I might really muck up)?

I also see all my Units settings have changed back to US measurements.

Update: After another reboot, incoming data seems to be back but the graphs and text have changed and still all US units. Also, there is a lot of wrong data in All Time Records, such as 122 F for coldest night, etc. and all the All Time Records are dated for today…December 15.

I think most settings are held in wdisplay.ini. If you have a recent backup of that file, copy it to C:\wdisplay (when WD is not running) and then restart. (See this FAQ: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/431652)

The backup file I have may be a month old. Should do?

Found a backup 2 days ago. That did the trick. All my data is back. Glad to have a backup. Thanks for the reminder.

:smiley: