Switching to WD

Since Cumulus is now no longer being developed, I thought I would begin the switch to WD. To facilitate my conversion, instead of using my existing Serial logger, I decided to buy a WiFi Logger (not Davis one) and put it in my upstairs second console. Gives me time to gracefully switch over.

I was able to get the Wifi Logger setup. I’m seeing wind, temp, etc on the Live Data screen. But I’m unable to get WD to pull all the data. It is pulling pressure, Humidity, but that’s it. Temp is 0, Wind is 0, Indoor temp is 32.

I have a VP2 with a console on Firmware 1.90 (older). Under Setup, Comm Port, I have the IP of the logger, plus the default 22222 port number. Enabled is checked under that. Under Station Type and Settings, Davis Vantage Pro/…/ Daivs rain gauge .01, I have Solar +UV. I’ve tried both Rev B and not Rev B logger.

Not sure what else to look at here.

HI
Humm, it should work
there is a setting to set to show debug info
setup, advanced/misc, tick, to log raw data
then see what shows under view, debug data

the problem might be with the barometer reading

also if you are able to port forward the Wifi data logger and let me know that IP address then I can test here

Here is what my display is showing.

I’ve set the log file. Here is what it is reporting.

Doing checking of time zone calculation
Daylight saving not in use
Loaded all time records
restarting timer
Asking for archived data download
TCP/IP connected to 192.168.1.107
re starting download, timer
restarting timer
sending DMPAFT
Asking for archived data download
Davis VP Retrieving data from: day 8 month 12 year 2018
Retrieving data from: hour 12 minute 0
ask for time/date of record…
DEBUG INFO
/DEBUG INFO
Sending OK…
***formating data
Time :14:40
Date :12/08/2018
Aborted
All data downloaded or did not sync correct!
formating the VP data
vp data read in 1
Weather station type number 31
Doing checking of time zone calculation
Daylight saving not in use

I did install WL 6.03 for testing onto a fresh PC. It was able to connect and show the correct data.

I’ll pm you for the connection.

Forgot to attach the screenshot…

In case that matters, I have the Wifi Logger also set to 10 minute intervals instead of the default 30 minutes.

try setting to 1 minute logging interval
but also try
turn off the switch under control panel, data logger
and then restart WD
so WD is just trying to get live data only on start up
(at least it did get a response for archive data, that is a start)

I sent you a message…I do not get any response…might be a IP block going on
I have to head out now though, back later

Not sure why, but my WiFi logger decided to grab a new IP. I went and hard coded it. That would be why you couldn’t connect.

I tired turning the data logger option and restarting. No change…

OK, not sure what happened. But both the Rev B and Not Rev B boxes were checked. I unchecked the Not box and it started working. I know I had left that alone, but I had questioned it during the setup wizard.

What’s weird is I have firmware 1.90. I thought that meant I’d be on Not Rev B. But the Rev B is checked and it appears to be working. Weird.

And I got my Registration Key! So that’s good.

Off to get ready for my wife’s Company Christmas party…

Only the very early loggers back in the original VP (1) days were not Rev B.

That must be what I’m thinking of. I had an old VP1 back when I first started with VWS back in the day.

Enjoy the party :occasion7:

Something else was brought to my attention. Does WD produce NOAA Climate reports to upload to my site? I found where there are reports. I’m just not sure where they are stored to upload.

I could also have sworn I made a bookmark to someone that had done the same thing with WD daily data as Betel did for Cumulus. I can’t find the bookmark! If I could get the similar page going, I guess I could ditch the NOAA reports.

This is roughly what that page looked like.
https://www.bismarckweather.net/dayfile2.php

Yes
See mine
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/dailynoaareport.htm

We the switches on to do the uploads
In the av/ ext screen upload options

I do have some you tube videos on various setups

I decided to use the Weather Underground import option to try to get my old data in. Cumulus wasn’t importing for some reason. Your WU import appears to be working. That is slick BTW.

But where do I go to see that the data has actually imported into WD?

Nevermind, I figured out how to just look at a report for a particular month. It is pulling data. So I think it’s working.

BTW, HUGE thanks for the WU import feature. That is slick and works better for what I wanted. I’m sure I could have gotten the Cumulus data to import. But looking back at the old VWS data I had going back to 2004, I had holes. I think when I switched to a new PC, it quit making yearly CSV files. Since I’ve been sending data to WU since basically day one, that’ll have everything.

Might as well get everything before WU goes belly up!

Thanks again.