Import of Cumulus log files

I’m starting to transfer my Cumulus MX data dating back to 2012 in to WD. Before I start this lengthy process in earnest I want to be sure that the data is transferring correctly. in the Action section the import appears to go OK, but I’ve noticed the wind speed and gust values are being imported in kph rather that kts and then displayed in the graphs on the main screen of WD as the same value but in mph (which is what the settings have been set to). Also, the values are much lower than those in the original cumulus file. Anyone know what’s going on?

ah
so the actual data file your are importing has the windspeed as knots and not kph?
looks like I need to add option for the windspeed units in the import setup?

Thanks for the reply…

That might just do it, although I also know that some of my later files have the wind recorded in mph so an import with this capability would be very helpful. I’ve always thought that weather’s ability to cross the imperial/metric divide has been second to none… the standard metar for example. Wind in kts, vis in kilometres/metres and cloudbase in feet!

I have added this option now (for wind in kts to the import setup) to the latest .zip udate (build 85)

Definitely getting there but close comparison with the original Cumulus files seems to reveal an issue with the gust speed. The attached jpeg should help explain what I mean, but unless I am missing something in the conversion algorithm there seems to be a large discrepancy between the original Cumulus gust value and the converted one in the the WD logfile. I’m hoping it’s a straightforward answer.

The gust speed appears to be coming from a column further to the right in the original cumulus text file. In cumulus this column is labelled as “latest gust speed”, but is not representing the peak gust…Confusing!

yes, WD is using the #17 data column for the current gust speed

There also seems to be a problem with (I think) humidity (94/95 at 0758) and pressure appears to be shown converted a minute late?

I can live with the relatively small differences across most of the Cumulus parameters, but the gust speed is quite a large difference as the Cumulus (higher) value is the one that appears in graphs and features in the records pages as well. Is there a way to easily allow for this?