I-MAC No USB when setting up Weather Display

I’m helping a buddy set up his I-Mac for Weather Display using a Davis VP2 with a USB Datalogger. We can’t connect to Weather Display thru the USB. He has Weather Display 10.37 Mac build 307. His I-Mac is Using OSX 10.9.5, 2.8 GH Intel Core 2 Duo and 2 GIG of Ram. I went to Silicon Labs and downloaded/loaded the cp2102 usb to uart bridge controller. I can see that when I go to: about this mac/more info/sys report/usb. When I go to the setup in WD the only thing that appears is bluetooth incoming port and bluetooth-modem. Any help would be appreciated.

I think the latest silicon labs driver is not compatible with the latest OSX version?

Any Workarounds?

a serial data logger and a compatible serial to usb adaptor and driver (they do seem to be more compatible) 8O

or some other Mac user might chime in with a better solution than above

Here is the version I am running of SiLabsUSBDriver
CP210x Macintosh OS X VCP Driver v5 Release Notes
Copyright (C) 2017-2018 Silicon Laboratories Inc.

I have just reinstalled do to a hard drive failure on the Mac mini and have it back up and running.

Make sure to close the other connections (/dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port) and then open the /dev/cu.SLAB)USBtoUART port

I am running the same Vantage Pro 2 with great success on a Mac mini 2011 with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Thanks, I’m going to give a try and see what happens. Thanks for the reply