Luftdaten Air Quality

you might have set somewhere to have the wm300 outdoor temp/hum to also be the extra temp/hum
and so that is overriding
(it would not be like that by default)

I could not find anything that gave priority to wmr300. In purple air set up I have the luftdaten sensor # set at “1” and use the %generalextratemp1% to try to get the luftdaten temp showing as an extra label/value on the main screen setup. I tried both purple air setup - luftdaten - main sensor as extra both ticked and unticked. Also tried sensor # number as several other numbers with matching %generalextratempN%. but that never picks up the luftdaten temp/hum figures. Would it help to set the luftdaten figures as a new custom tag which shows on the debug file so we know that it is definitely being read.
Best wishes
Alan

that sensor number
is not relating to extra temp sensor number in WD
instead its relating to the actual luftdaten sensor number for a second extra sensor to be used as indoor temp/hum

yes, one solution is to create a separate tag
I will do that tomorrow for you

i have added these custom tags now to the latest test .zip update

http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

%luftdatentemp% …Temperature reading from sensor (if enabled to use)
%luftdatenhum% …Humidity reading from sensor (if enabled to use)

Thanks Brian = I can’t immediately see how to enable but I’ll keep looking.
Alam

you just use those custom tags on the main screen instead of the generalextratemp1 tags etc

Hi Brian
I put in the main screen current conditions custom tags boxes "BME Temp %luftdatentemp%

you do not add the C
i.e just
%luftdatentemp%
and make sure you have ticked to use main sensor temp/hum as extra temp/hum

also you might not have the latest update
use the normal .zip update

Oh dear ! Updated the latest build 86 zip - tried using only the tags with no extra text. Checked boxes ticked as above. airquality3.txt had no data so I tried adding the contents of airquality2.txt - still just getting the tags showing as the tag name not the data they should represent. The PM tags are grabbing the data just as they should. Customtextout.txt is also not grabbing the data from the t/h tags. The debug log is updating with luftdaten temp and hum regularly.
Alan

I am away for 36 hours
I will check / test when I get back

I am back now
needed that break away
its fixed and working now
download a new .zip update, ready now

Hi Brian - Glad you had a break - you deserve it - you must devote a lot of time to WD Thanks
I was not sure if you meant the standard zip download or the test address you sent before - I tried both but decided on the standard judging by the creation date.
However I am still only getting the %luftdatentemp% (& hum) showing as the literal text not the data. Just had the tag in the main screen Current Conditions Custom Tags boxes - no extra text although extra text works with %temp% (for example) OK.
Same on the website from customtext.txt There does not seem to be an airquality3.txt now.
Alan

I suspect you do not have have the latest update then if the tag is not working (I have fixed that…tested…fixed…working)
check the file creation /modfied date of the weatherdisplay.exe file you have

Hi Brian
weatherdisplay.exe created 10 ‎January ‎2019, ‏‎02:56:21 modified 10 ‎January ‎2019, ‏‎03:05:32
Alan

just to make sure you have the latest
build 87 download from
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

and make sure the tag is like
%lufdatentemp%
nothing more, nothing less

Hi Brian
After all this it was your last remark that cracked it. Neither of us noticed the I was spelling luftdaten with a T after the F but there was no T in the tag. lufdatentemp & hum works fine (even with the extra text padding it).
A HUGE THANK YOU for all your time
Alan

there was still a bug in my code where even correct spelling was not going to work until I fixed that

Thanks again - envy your temperatures
Alan

not easy sleeping though with 20c dewpoint and near 100% humidity at night

Hi,

It looks like the sensors last about 12-18 months. I installed mine June 2018 and it has failed with an MCU board failure, the SDS011 was still working. I suspect the WiFi circuit was the failure, anyway no signal whatever the cause. I’m part of the the Clean Air Eastbourne network (https://www.eastbourneair.com/) and the life seems to be 12-18mths based on the failures so far.

Replaced the unit and it’s back up and running again.

Cheers
Nick