Multiple COM ports for Arduino

Hi Brian,

is there any chance to have multiple com ports to be opened and read by WD for Arduino type of station. My first board is full, and I would like to have another one for wind, UV, solar, and IR night sky temp. ?

Thank you for doing a great job.

Kind regards,

Marian

I guess its a possibility
what do you have on the first one?

Three underground thermo., sfc temp, 2m temp/humidity, soil moisture, raingauge, raindetect, pressure, laser distance meter (for snow depth - would be great to include it in WD import “tag”, IR thermo, air quality (SHARP) and RF transmitter. Not all are enabled yet.

And another problem is, that my Laptop’s HDD with the source code crashed, with no way to get the data restored, so I cannot, and don’t want to edit the board’s code, since it took me a long time to get everything working and running smoothly, so by now there is no need to change anything on board 1 (BTW it is Arduino UNO).

Marian

I have added support for this
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

Hi Brian,

first, thank you for the test version. I did not check notiy me of replies before…

I have tested it, however, when I Enable another COM port, it stops reading the first Arduino on default port. :frowning:

Could you please have a look?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Marian

So I decided for multiple Arduinos on one RS485 link. Working fine. Anyway it would still be a good feature.

Marian