Assistance needed?

Hi all,
Just have a couple of things I need some assistance/advice with please. Firstly, my file dailydatalog.txt hasn’t updated since January 2018. Using Version 10.37 B83. Have I not got something turned on as Im not sure what populates this file?
Secondly, being in Australia we do things a little differently/strangely when reporting meteorological data i.e rainfall and minimum temperature are reported on the days they occur. Hence this creates problems with the detailed climate report. I am checking my data and I’m finding the minimum temperature should be offset down one row. Is there a way I can fix this or do I have to tabulate this manually by exporting to excel?
Some advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you again

Guru

I have the daily data working here
http://weather-display.com/windy/gb/dailydatalog.txt
do you have that set in WD to update?

I had not seen other reports of the min temp problem with the aus 9am reset option (I presume you have that in use)

Hi Brian,

Where in WD do I check to see if I have it set to update please?

Regards

Guru

Hi there,

Also is there an ability to recreate the dailydatalog.txt file? i.e fill in the gaps where days are missing

Regards

Guru

sorry, its appended , so no ability to fill in the gaps
does that mean you have it working again now? (its not very clear)

Hi,
Sorry for not being clear enough. I haven’t got it working again. What do I need to check (where in WD) to make sure it will work again?

Regards

Guru

Hehe, checking mine it hasn’t updated since 2015. No idea how to turn it on, not sure I need it either…

Maybe that explains why I’ve never had one: I only started using WD in November 2015.

I do remember seeing this, though.

the setting is in the ftp/internet setup
upload times
av/ext settings (it gets uploaded with the av/ext files)

Hi
just reading this topic
my dailydatalog.txt is being updated but is not being uploaded despite it being ticked in the setup
I tried unchecking the box and closing the setup page then reopened it and re ticked it, I then checked the wdisplayftp.reg file but no mention of the dailydatalog.txt.
when I checked an old reg file from 37R 81 the dailydatalog.txt is mentioned 4 times
the uploads stopped in June 2017 which is when I started using 37S 53 instead of 37R 81
current build is 37S 84 file date 23-11-2018

I see the tick boxes in ftp/internet setup: “Do daily uploads of averages/extreme” (this one is ticked) and “dailydatalog.txt” (this one not ticked) but I don’t see an entry for either in the Customize Internet and File Creation Setup pages…

From what I have read, the dailydatalog.txt is a special data file for a specific situation that does not apply to my station/website.

[Week report]
upload dailydatalog

is the setting in the registry

Hi
this is that section from my registry file

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\wdisplayftp.ini\Week report]
“send time hour”=“0”
“send time minute”=“35”
“upload it?”=“yes”
“upload date graphs”=“yes”
“upload it show link”=“yes”
“upload it show link 2”=“yes”
“upload date graphs localy”=“yes”
“upload it show link drop down”=“yes”
“upload date graphs remotedir text”=“”
“upload date graphs remotedir”=“no”
“upload dailydatalog”=“yes”
“upload date graphs remotedir2”=“no”
“send time min”=“11”
“auto convert start month”=“yes”

but this is the only ref to dailydatalog in either the reg or ini files

but this is the only ref to dailydatalog in either the reg or ini files
not sure what is the problem

the setting is there
the file should get uploaded with the av/ext files (as long as they are set to be uploaded )

Hi Brian
despite having it ticked to upload and the reg files says “upload dailydatalog”=“yes” it is not uploading at 11min past midnight with the avg/ext which are uploading ok

not sure why it’s not uploading it but it is updating ok in the local logfile folder

I am not sure why it’s not
Maybe if you could .zip and email me your
Settings files and I can check/ test

Hi Brian
email with settings sent let me know if you get them

Harold

use the latest .zip update to resolve the issue
(was due to a certain combination of settings)

that’s uploading ok now thanks

Harold