Modified rain gauge collection

Hi Brian, I have added a funnell collector to my rain gauge theerfore increasing the collection area.

The figure I need to put into WD is .309 however in the rain offset area there is only a % increase & the new gauge tip is set to 1 & cant be changed, is that normal now? Using OS WMR89 if thats any help.

Look in Control Panel/Units & Other Settings/Rainfall Setup, where you should be able to enter the new tip.

great thanks, I see it now, just for info what is the other one for, the one in the offsets option?

Does that not change too, when you put the new tip into Rainfall Setup?

Only seem to be able change the % in this option , the other value defaults to the value in the rainfall setup option.

In answer to your original question that you’ve edited out (what’s the second occurrence of tip setting for?), I don’t know! It’s probably a legacy thing. . . :wink:

The offset came first and is intended to make small changes to correct perceived inaccuracy of the tip size of a factory gauge (which originates from the station type set up). The other setting is to accommodate a wide range of tip size of a non standard, modified gauge.

ok thanks guys

ok, so i changed my rain offset to .309 however its not reducing the rainfall by that amt. We just had a little over 1mm rain (as verified by my plastic rainguage) but WD registered it as 4.1mm. I also just did a practice tip of the OS guage & it registered as 1mm on WD.
ANy ideas?

cheers

I presume you set “Modified rain gauge new tip (mm)” to 0.309, not the “Rainfall offset (% increase)”?

If so, I don’t know what is wrong. Mine works fine with a 200 mm funnel giving a new tip of 0.25 mm: WD shows 1 mm for every 4 mm shown on the console - with a few rounding problems because rain is shown to 1 d.p.

rain.JPG

Did you restart WD after making the change?

yes i did, but still no go.

I did not have the code in place for the WMR89 station
use this version
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

Great thanks Brian , I

Hi Brian , thanks for the file, unfortunately i cant install it, i get this message PAKBUSDLL.DLL was not found, i found a post about it earlier but still cant install the new version, any ideas, sorry. BTW the previous version still works, odd

you need to extract to where you have WD installed already

OK thanks Brian that did it! thanks for your help as always

Sorry I wasn’t able to help - didn’t know the option wasn’t available for the WMR89!

Not a problem thanks anyway