New All-in-one from Campbell

The Climavue-50 looks very nice, I didn’t dare ask how much…

Not sure about the temp sensor. . . Accuracy (+/- 0.6

[quote author=bitsostring link=topic=67282.msg540462#msg540462 date=1542413649]
Not sure about the temp sensor. . . Accuracy (+/- 0.6

It sounds like they’re scratching their left ear with their right hand!

I assume it comes with a little remote cleaner to get the dust, leaves, pollen and other stuff like blowing snow that will accumulate on the little area where so many points are sticking up, which must be the wind sensor in some way.

I’m still interested in the price, anyone find it yet?

You have to fill in a quote request (name, rank, number and inside leg measurement) so I didn’t find the price, but I found a paper on the temperature correction.

I asked them for budgetary pricing.

That bed of nails would be clogged with dust pretty fast here.

The ultrasonic transducers must be mounted on the bottom of the upper section.

Ultrasonic signals emitted from transducers at right angles to each other bounce off the porous sintered glass plate and back up to the opposite sensor.

I think the glass plate will be the disc in the middle of the bed of nails so I’m guessing the nails are to break up any reflection of ultrasound from the area outside the round plate.

I see the drop counting rain gauge empties through a small spout on the side. I wonder what happens when that stream of water gets blown into the anemometer?

The price is approximately $1,000 (that’s U.S. dollars)…

www.campbellsci.es/blog/quality-weather-measurements-simplicity

Not bad, I thought it would be more than that. I guess it also needs a Campbell logger to be able to get any data?

I think it might be: that link says “The ClimaVUE 50 is a great value for the parameters commonly measured on weather stations. The price is approximately $1,000 (that’s U.S. dollars) less than buying equivalent individual sensors.”

$1000 dollars LESS. . .?

As to logger, it has “one simple digital (SDI-12) output” and is “Compatible with all modern Campbell Scientific data loggers”.

Sure is :lol: My quote just arrived from Campbell:

The US list price for the ClimaVue is $1748.00

I would have guessed around $2K based on their other stuff.

So the UK price will be about

Plus 20% VAT :lol:

One of the FAQs I was reading asked a question about a heater and it said that at the present time it didn’t and hinted any heating would interfer with the temp sensor, and that this device may not be the best choice for some ‘colder’ locattions.

Well, hell’s bells, that pretty much leaves out all of the US and Canada.

The SDI-12 doesn’t have to feed a logger, does it? I think that there are USB/SDI-12 dongle converters, too, aren’t there? I think I saw them when I was looking for a USB/RS485 converter. Oh well.

It would would work for me :lol:

The SDI-12 doesn't have to feed a logger, does it? I think that there are USB/SDI-12 dongle converters, too, aren't there? I think I saw them when I was looking for a USB/RS485 converter. Oh well.

Could be, I know very little about the Campbell equipment, except that I’ll never own any