WMR200 history data not logged or graphed

As reported here and here WD is not logging or graphing history data from the WMR200. I have no idea how long this has been going on, as WD normally runs 24/7 unless Windows 10 surprises me with an update restart - which happened again today. I didn’t notice for half an hour: on restarting WD the history data was read and ignored.

Another 11 minutes data lost for a Windows update/restart today. WMR History vers 1.3 reads history data OK, then it runs again (why?), but then the history data is not decoded, logged or graphed. I tried converting the history.txt file to a log file but if that worked I don’t know where it ended up. Running 10.37S84.

Another 12 minutes’ graph/log lost for a Win 10 update/restart.

Another 7 minutes lost for an update/restart. The history data is not being decoded. Running 10.37S86.

Today I have an hour’s data in wmr200history.txt after a “feature upgrade” to Win10 (1803 to 1809). As before, WMR200 History vers 1.3 runs twice and gets the data from the console, but it is not decoded. The WMR200 History Data decoding screen appears, and the raw data is shown on the screen, but then it immediately shows “Finished” and disappears. No data is added to the log or the graphs, and there is no time to check that it is showing the right start time or to change it.

How do I convert the history.txt file into log/data files?

I looked at Control Panel / Data Logger but there is no way of specifying the .txt file instead of the console logger.

Action / Convert log files to data doesn’t cover it, as far as I can see, and nor does Action / Import log files.

WD just stopped running tonight. . . another hour and a half’s data in wmr200history.txt not decoded.

How do I convert this to log/data?

Another 9 minutes lost for a Win10 update, console logger data read but not decoded.

After a long time I trying the v10.37S Build 113 and it has the same problem: console logger read data but not decoded, and the file 52020lg.txt is not updated with the data history. Only the wmr200history.txt is updated.
How to solve this problem?

…attach the wmr200history.txt file so others here can see the contents…

Here’s one I made earlier! It will be interesting to see how it compares to one from Barpm.

wmr200history.txt (10.8 KB)

I don’t have mine anymore as I reinstalled the old version of WD, but it’s similar to that.

But there is no way to decode wmr200history.txt file in WD

Next time you create a wmr200history.txt file with the old version of WD, please post it here. We might see some differences. Thanks.

This is the wmr200history.txt file created with WD ver 10.37R build 81

wmr200history.txt (71 KB)

Seems to be a lot more WD detail in your old version .txt file :?

Mine are all data - nothing else. . .

Yes, many versions ago the downloading of historical data worked quite well, later the code was changed and no longer works.