WD Will No Longer Boot Up

Hello,

Normally-reliable Weather Display has been acting a little wonky lately. First I started losing a lot of settings (for example, text colour for data). Now it is hanging when I start it up. Please have a look at the nasty error message I’ve attached.

When it stopped working yesterday, I downloaded the most recent version of WD from the website and installed it. It seemed to install properly.

But still won’t run…

Recommendations?

Gary

Capture.JPG

do you have in use any web cam images?
or custom images for main screen/main screen icon?

that is the usual suspects
try looking for a corrupt image
you could try deleting all jpg and gif images in the WD webfiles folder

Well. A belated thank you for this. Actually, it would seem that little elves crawled into my computer and fixed the problem because it simply began working again of its own accord. But I went and deleted all unnecessary picture files just on general principle.

Soooooo…back to the original issue. And I’ll admit it’s only a minor annoyance. But each time I fire up Weather Display, the text colour for data has reverted to something very odd. A few data values are red. The rest have been turned black (which makes them disappear against the black background, and wasn’t THAT fun for a long while I thought I was receiving data for a few values and none for the rest!).

The solution of course is just to go into the setup each time I boot the program and select something like yellow for ‘data colour.’ But maybe you’ve seen this and know a fix to try.

Cheers!

Gary

make sure to have ticked , use this colour, in the colour setup ?

Hi Brian,

I must be dense, I don’t see a ‘use this colour’ box anywhere that I can check. All I see is a ‘use this labels font’ box.

I am in Settings>Colours>Set The Data Colour.

I can set the data colour to, for instance, yellow. But when I shut down WD and start it up again, most of the data values will have changed to black, with one or two being red.

tick that setting, use this labels font, as fonts have colour associated with it

Thanks!