WD support for creating Meteobridge output format?

I can give you access to my real time clientraw.txt file.
Where can I find your e-mail address?

you have PM :slight_smile:

This looks really fantastic!
Great work!
Getting support for WD output format would be great for many of us loyal WD users that see needs for a modern solution.
WD Live have delivered a great solution for many of for more than a decade, but personally I see a need to move beyond WD Live and get rid of dependency Flash.

ok well i dropped your clientraw url in and I dont see anything on 1st inspection todo apart from find someone to host the download screenshot of your data running

Nice :slight_smile:

good news the reliable Wim who has a vast knowledgeable long background in this community has kindly offered so look out for more info in due course…

Good news indeed, Brian :smiley:

Excellent!

Any idea when it will be available from Wim’s site?

Now or in a few weeks, depends on:
Now: If you want to play with the current version, it is from 2017, drop me a PM, I will sent you the download link, you are on your own with that version.
Later: If you want support and the same possibilities as the most recent Meteobridge version you have to wait a few weeks, but certainly before January 1 2019.

I just started with the help from another user which runs both MB and WD to check and update the scripts to the same version as the current Meteobridge version (2018). Before I can support this WD version, I need some time to fully understand all the work Brian Underdown put into weather34.

Wim

The first release of “weather34 version for WeatherDisplay” is available for download at http://wd34.weather-template.com/index.php

[ul][li]This version supports FTP-upload of clientraw.txt and HTTP-upload using the WDapi.[/li]
[li]The current conditions can be from WD-clientraw, DarkSky (needs an API-key) or METAR (needs an API-key).[/li]
[li]Forecast data only from DarkSky (+API-key) for this version, probably wxsim and met.no will be available in the next release[/li]
[li]Graphs can be generated from your WU-data or from a SQL-table which is relative easy to setup[/li]
[li]Next release (April) will also use the lates css I just received from Brian Underdown[/li][/ul]

I will make a separate post so that we can keep the questions a.s.o. for the “weather34 version for WeatherDisplay” separated from the other versions.

Wim

Thanks, Wim. Happy New Year!

Nice job Wim…looks fantastic. Installed it and looks very good. I need to work on the current conditions, but other than that it all seems correct.

http://travelingrvwx.com/pwsWD/

Either the Darksky files are still to recent after download.
Or the language for the Darksky forecast is still set to Dutch, check almost at the bottom of easyweathersetup DarkSky forecast Language
When you change that to English the cached file in the jsondata/ folder remains valid for some time but eventualy it will change to English.

Wim

Very good job Wim making the required changes to support WD!

This might not be the right forum but:
It would have been nice to use weather forecast data from Norwegian Meteorological Institute (NMI). This is a Norwegian national bureau providing high quality weather forecasts and observations for world wide locations and the data can be used for non commercial purposes for free.
Unfortunately I do not have the required Python knowledge to implement this myself.

For coding example (in Java script) see Sietse’s implementation at https://www.sietse.net/iwdl-info/ in file named iwdl_settings.js.sample at line 61.
NMI - https://www.yr.no/?spr=eng

Correct, there is a separate discussion for this version as the WD version is very different from the MB version.
General questions about the WD version: Weather-Watch Forum - A place for weather watchers to discuss watching the weather
Post ideas for extensions at the “wishlist”: *** closed*** HWS Template (WD34) Wish List

It would have been nice to use weather forecast data from Norwegian Meteorological Institute (NMI). This is a Norwegian national bureau providing high quality weather forecasts and observations for world wide locations and the data can be used for non commercial purposes for free. Unfortunately I do not have the required Python knowledge to implement this myself.

For coding example (in Java script) see Sietse’s implementation at Sietse.Net - Zimbra in file named iwdl_settings.js.sample at line 61.
NMI - Yr

I already support met.no (and yr.no which uses met.no) for my Leuven-Template.
As soon as the complete HWS-for WD April update is finished I will make an extra forecast besides DarkSky, just to make sure that there is an alternative when something fails.
The DarkSky forecast has one extra, often not found in other forecasts: the current conditions are also in the download.
Wim

In w34_easyweathersetup I have used this link to my webcam image: ./webcam/aad-axis-01.jpg?
Nothing is shown under “Live Web Cam” rectangle.
If I select “Live Web Cam” link at the bottom the static webcam image pops up.
Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

What is requirements for showing webcam image?
Can we add a url to the webcam when using an IP camera? Should we use http://xxx or just add fqdn?
When using an image what is the size requirements (X x Y pixels)?

More chance of a reply if you post queries for WD version as requested above, in
https://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php?topic=67468.new;topicseen#new

1. Could you please post in the support topic. Weather-Watch Forum - A place for weather watchers to discuss watching the weather
    You are now in the Weather34 Meteobridge version discussion.
  2. Without a link to your website, there is nothing I can do, I am not clairvoyant.

Wim

I have done that.
The tricky part was to understand folder access heritage.
I use FTP to upload images to weather34 into the ./webcam folder
FTP client changed owner of webcam files and made them inaccessible for weather34 php script
If it is of any interest I can share the solution - meaning this might not be the right forum for such a detail lever