Not rebooting and stops communicating with davis base

For a couple weeks WD is set to reboot the computer at 11:55 PM but does not. Instead it stops communicating with the Davis base station and will not until I manually reboot the computer. Getting to be an old guy, sometimes I am awake at midnight to reboot it, more often not until the next morning. I wonder if this is not related to the issue of WD not resetiing the daily high/lows as that seems to have gone away since I have been manually rebooting the computer.

Weather Display v10.37S b81 Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 Plus Weather Station, cabled
Windows up time: 0 Days 0 Hours 47 Minutes 8 Seconds
amount of free memory on the pc, GB: 7.05GB
current amount of memory used by WD: 184,684 K
current CPU use 14%
Time of next Update/Upload: 1:20 am
Time/date WD was started: 12:24:24 AM 11/9/2018
Data from station received count 1345

I would not have set it to be rebooted just before the daily hi/lo reset myself
is it a usb davis data logger?
if so check your usb power savings settings etc
(there is a youtube video on how to set that)

I reset it to reboot at 11:59 , will see if that works better, It is a com port logger, I always heard there were issues with the usb and never bought one, though had to buy a com port board for the new computer. Everything on computers are USB now.

but 11:59 is very worse!
do not have it set to reboot just before midnight
or did you mean 11:59am?

How about right at 0:00 midnight. It still is not updating from the console after the midnight reset. I watched last night and it did reboot at 11:59pm and then just sat their waiting on the com to update until I rebooted it again. They cut our over time so I was off Saturday and am healing from minor foot surgery so I set mostly on the couch and saw WD watch dog reload WD several times because it had quit responding through out Saturday afternoon. Often when I’m in the control panel trying to set something it goes not responding for several minutes but apparently does so when I am not doing anything to it either.

It was all working when I went to sleep about 2 am but when I woke up this morning my webpage was just showing a white page and wd was stuck at a box asking what language to use. It also was not showing the weather station it is connected to on the top, just registered… So I went through all the setup and reset it. It had lost the lat/long settings and the station don’t know why. It was not updating the images and the alarm icon was flashing for the first time I can remember. It said the daily high was 255 and the low was 55 so I had to reset all the extreams and also the rain for the year.

I was thinking it was not uploading forecasticon, but looking at it last night I could not find it anywhere in the webfiles folder. So it was not updating it, some times it does, but yesterday my icon on the web page showed clear night all day. Still can not get it to upload any of the wxlocal files and I know they are set to update and upload. It uploads the custom files and cactuswern.html and cactuswren.php but that is all the html files it uploads.

Strangely today it is updating the forecast, I use this page for testing stuff I am experimenting with. https://weather.scottsworld.info/house.html not a public url This is the first time it has updated the forecast since I updated to b81. I went though all the settings but it seems to have kept the ftp, file settings, etc.

Humidity:34%
Dew Point: 49.5

if you set to reboot right on midnight then WD is likely to have problems updating stuff it needs to around that time (daily reset etc)
I would be avoiding rebooting around midnight all together (maybe I did not make that very clear)