cronlazersnow.exe won't run

I’ve been trying to be careful.

cronlazersnow.exe 13,289,088 11/09/2018 16:47

Dennis

that has the wrong time stamp
try downloading again?

Zip contains the same file, with date time that I just sent you.

Capture.JPG

I get 11/10/2018 10:47 AM

Just tried the DL on another computer, same file as previous 11/09/2018 16:47

Brian,

I would like to break until tomorrow, I’m preparing a late dinner.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

Strange :dontknow:

Just tried the D/L here and it’s showing the latest update 11/10/2018 10:47 am
:?

MikeyM

OK after testing the latest version it does not recognize the laser or take any readings. It also does not start LRTimelog.

First screenshot is previously working version. version dated 4/6/2018 LRTimelog correctly starts.

Second screenshot is the latest version.

Third screenshot is what is shown after several minutes, but LRTimelog doesn’t start.

:?

MikeyM

I’ve been reading this thread and can only provide my 2 cents worth that my “cronlazersnow” is running perfect and I have no issues. It ran great all through last season and is running great now. I’m very happy with the program and don’t want to download any modified versions as the current version is fine (at least for me). “If it isn’t broke don’t fix it”. Maybe there is some other related file that is missing or corrupt?

Perhaps some of the other 8 or 10 users can comment on their current experiences when the snow arrives at their locations.

Mikeym, try another download
(vers 2.9)

HI Brian
Looks like 2.9 is working correctly. I checked the 2 boxes in WD “Setup/Advanced Misc” “Enable” USB Laser sensor and “use cronlaser.exe”, “Save & Exited” WD and when I restarted it “cronlasersnow” and “LRTimelog” started normally. I’m taking 5 minute readings now and they are correct. Also the logging in “Input Daily weather” “Snow Input” is updating correctly.

Thanks

:smiley:

MikeyM

I still get the ERROR: Device cannot be opened at time/date message. After pressing Start LRTimelog runs and logs measurements.

After about 5 minutes the “restarting LRttimelog.exe” message appeared and LRTimelog started up again.

Dennis

for some reason the program can not connect to your device
which is a hardware issue on hour end
try a pc reboot

Dennis check to see if you have the file “HID.dll” located in your Weather Display folder. If so, copy and save this file to another location in case you need to reinstall it. Then delete this “HID.dll” file from your Weather Display folder and see if the program will run correctly. Just a thought … Worth a try.

Check out this forum link. Maybe helpful, maybe not …

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/511631

Thanks Jeff, I have confirmed HID.dll has been renamed, now deleted.

Dennis

Did that resolve the problem?

No it didn’t, sorry I wasn’t clear.

What’s strange, is I haven’t really changed my configuration since everything was working last winter. Other than an occasional WD & Win10 update. I just plugged in the sensor and attempted to start cronlazersnow. and was baffled when it wouldn’t run. Which I now believe was due to that version of cronlazersnow not able to handle the error I’m getting.

Also, all of the Porcupine util’s work with no errors/problems.

And WD may actually be working without cronlazersnow showing it. Ive been busy with visiting relatives so I haven’t paid close attention. But it looks like cronlazersnow starts LRTimeLog which appears to be feeding the measurements to WD’s snow input screen.

I’m not sure if cronlazersnow.exe can run standalone (including AtUsbHid.dll) without a WD installation, but I tried it on another Win10 PC and got the same symptoms; cronlazersnow runs posting the error, but when started, runs LRTimeLog like it should.

I’m hoping to be able to spend more time with it tomorrow.

Dennis

did you try a pc reboot

Dennis, I’m just grasping at straws but is your LRDemo program set on “centimeters” and set to read “continuously”? If this doesn’t resolve your problem maybe MikeyM or some other cronlazersnow user can chime in with some ideas for you to try.

Good luck!