cronlazersnow.exe won't run

Hello,

It’s that time of the year, here in Michigan, to get the Porcupine modified Fluke laser measuring tool setup for the winter.

I set it up and had it running great with WD just as the snow ended last winter.

When I enable (check box) the two options for “USB Laser Snow Sensor” & “Use cronlazersnow.exe” and restart WD, I don’t find cronlazersnow running as I did last winter.

When I attempt to start cronlazersnow manually by double clicking on the file in the wdisplay folder, I see a momentary outline of a window opening but it quickly disappears.

Both of the Porcupine utilities, LrDemo.exe and LRTimeLog.exe run and read the laser sensor measurement properly.

I do understand and am careful while testing, that only one program that accesses the USB port can be running at any one time.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions.
Dennis

try starting it again

Brian,

I’m not sure I understand, are you being sarcastic?

I’ve tried starting cronlazersnow dozens of times with the above results.

I wouldn’t come here asking for help with the single occurrence of a problem.

Dennis

Update: In an attempt to do further troubleshooting, I have disabled my antivirus & firewall software. I also restarted the computer without any additional (my normal startups) software and tried manually starting cronlazersnow.exe both the current version and a copy of 2.7. Same results, very quick flash of what looks like it could be a window trying to open, but it disappears.

I wasn’t
as the first time it ran it might have had the message from WD to close (which then will get reset (should do) for the next time you run it
maybe its still running in the windows system tray

I do not find any instance of it running, looking at/in the taskbar, system tray and task manager.

try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/cronlazersnow.zip

it was closing before if there was any error

Brian,

YES, that version works, BUT is posting an error; Device cannot be opened at time/date…

Even with the error message, if I click “Take Reading Now”, LRTimeLog.exe opens/runs and takes measurements.

No additional messages are posted in cronlazersnow.

See attachment.

Dennis

try another update, same url

That gives the same symptoms as the previous version.

Opens with error, LRTimeLog.exe reads sensor, dosen’t post messages to cronlazersnow

Dennis

what is the error this time?

Device cannot be opened.

Dennis

are you sure you are using that latest update
what is the modified date/time on the .exe file

I’ve been trying to be careful.

cronlazersnow.exe 13,289,088 11/09/2018 16:47

Dennis

that has the wrong time stamp
try downloading again?

Zip contains the same file, with date time that I just sent you.

Capture.JPG

I get 11/10/2018 10:47 AM

Just tried the DL on another computer, same file as previous 11/09/2018 16:47

Brian,

I would like to break until tomorrow, I’m preparing a late dinner.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

Strange :dontknow:

Just tried the D/L here and it’s showing the latest update 11/10/2018 10:47 am
:?

MikeyM